setting up emails

Contributor

setting up emails

i have just started my att internet service, and that was quite a tedious task. now i try to get the email going for my wife, who is blind, and needs to use microsoft outlook 2002. it works best with her voice synthesizer. i have followed the insturctions from att and put in all the information required including pop server, and portals. it does not work. i get the error message:

Please verify the E-Mail Address field

funny thing: when i put in my email info, which is the primary, it works.

so, anybody got suggestions?

Message 1 of 2 (218 Views)
Employee

Re: setting up emails

Hello hans,

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced. If you are getting error message to verify the settings of your email client, please use the link mentioned below and verify the settings of your wife's email account (sub AT&T email account ) in your email client (Outlook 2002).

You may use the steps mentioned below to verify the setting of your email client.

If the issue persists, it is recommended that you contact AT&T eChat support and troubleshoot according to their recommendation.

If you are in, 'AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI', you may click on the following link to connect to a chat agent.

https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnai re_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (218 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.