sbcglobal.net auto-fill/contact list not working

Tutor

sbcglobal.net auto-fill/contact list not working

Last month in March, the auto-fill for addressing email stopped working for a week or better. Suddenly, the problem went away. Now, it's happening again.

Auto-filling addresses is needed when you have a lot of contacts and can't remember every address. When will this be fixed? It's hard to get information from AT&T. When I Googled this problem, I see it has happened before.....in 2011.

It's driving me crazy! When I go to my contact list to send an email, it gives error, but no error number. Any email I address that IS in my contact list, goes out as a NEW contact which it isn't.

I am assuming ATT is away of this? (sbcglobal.net at least)

Cacher12

Message 1 of 9
Tutor

Re: sbcglobal.net auto-fill/contact list not working

I guess no one from ATT can address this?
Message 2 of 9
Contributor

I have been having the same problems with my Contact list and auto-fill April 11-13. I wonder how widespread this problem is and if AT&T is aware of this. I guess I will have to make a phone call tomorrow.

Message 3 of 9
Teacher

You may want to check this out: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/technical/browser-01.html

ConnecTech websiteor call 1-800-344-1734 (Phone support is available 8 am – 11 pm Central Time, 7 days a week)

Good luck folks, so far mine is still working..

Ron..

Message 4 of 9
Contributor

I am experiencing the same thing. Initially, I was using Firefox as my web browser and when I contacted ATT the tech support rep instructed me to download IE because Firefox wasn't in sync with ATT email. I went to IE and it worked for a short while but currently not able to access the auto-filling addresses.
Message 5 of 9
Tutor

I tried Chrome browser. Auto-filled worked. Maybe it's IE. I am so fed up with it whatever is causing it. GEEZE..

Message 6 of 9
Highlighted
Tutor

Thank you much, Ron!! I'll try looking through those. I've Googled the problem and it does exist for some of us...it happened a lot last year to folks too.
Message 7 of 9
Contributor

My att.net auto-fill stopped working in march. Any solutions?

Message 8 of 9
Tutor

Mine is working now. The only thing I did was run CCleaner. It got rid of junk in my system....and now my contacts work and my auto fill works. Weird.

Message 9 of 9
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support