Internet Forums

Posted Dec 28, 2011
11:23:36 AM
View profile
router password

I need to find out what my secutity password is for my router what is the process to find, I cannot remember what I changed it to. 

I need to find out what my secutity password is for my router what is the process to find, I cannot remember what I changed it to. 

router password

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2012 12:38:46 AM
(0)
Expert

There should be a sticker on the router, side or bottom?

There should be a sticker on the router, side or bottom?

Re: router password

2 of 8 (2,539 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2012 12:00:01 PM
(0)
Contributor

I've looked all over my router and found nothing.  The only info I found was the SSID, WiFi KEY #, the router's ip address, MAC address, serial #, but no password.  I tried every number/word I found on the serial tag and nothing worked.  I even tried my setup info with att.  So would this pasword be on that (I mentioned above) label or should there have been another one also?

I've looked all over my router and found nothing.  The only info I found was the SSID, WiFi KEY #, the router's ip address, MAC address, serial #, but no password.  I tried every number/word I found on the serial tag and nothing worked.  I even tried my setup info with att.  So would this pasword be on that (I mentioned above) label or should there have been another one also?

3 of 8 (2,138 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2012 1:06:03 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by spd2demun on Mar 4, 2012 at 1:19:49 PM

Which model do you have?

edit--if it's the 3801, look for Device Access Code

if it's the 3800, I think it was Passcode or Passkey?

You can always call TS (phone number in my signature), and they can reset it for you over the phone.

tkdave wrote:

Which model do you have?

edit--if it's the 3801, look for Device Access Code

if it's the 3800, I think it was Passcode or Passkey?

You can always call TS (phone number in my signature), and they can reset it for you over the phone.

tkdave wrote:

[ Edited ]
4 of 8 (2,134 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2012 2:20:09 PM
(0)
Contributor

Model is  i3812V    I tried both of your suggestions without any luck.

Model is  i3812V    I tried both of your suggestions without any luck.

5 of 8 (2,116 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2012 3:50:43 PM
(0)
Expert

OK, you have an iNID.  Take a look at your BBU (battery backup); see if there is a sticker that shows System Password.

iNID.jpg

OK, you have an iNID.  Take a look at your BBU (battery backup); see if there is a sticker that shows System Password.

iNID.jpg

6 of 8 (2,111 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2012 6:29:52 PM
(0)
Contributor

Yep, It was right where you said.  Thanks for everything

Yep, It was right where you said.  Thanks for everything

7 of 8 (2,102 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2012 11:14:41 PM
(0)
Expert

YW, who would have thought of putting it there! :smileyvery-happy:  And you have Uverse?

YW, who would have thought of putting it there! :smileyvery-happy:  And you have Uverse?

8 of 8 (2,095 Views)