router password

Contributor

router password

I need to find out what my secutity password is for my router what is the process to find, I cannot remember what I changed it to. 

Message 1 of 8 (2,692 Views)
Expert

Re: router password

There should be a sticker on the router, side or bottom?

Message 2 of 8 (2,638 Views)
Tutor

I've looked all over my router and found nothing.  The only info I found was the SSID, WiFi KEY #, the router's ip address, MAC address, serial #, but no password.  I tried every number/word I found on the serial tag and nothing worked.  I even tried my setup info with att.  So would this pasword be on that (I mentioned above) label or should there have been another one also?

Message 3 of 8 (2,237 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

Which model do you have?

edit--if it's the 3801, look for Device Access Code

if it's the 3800, I think it was Passcode or Passkey?

You can always call TS (phone number in my signature), and they can reset it for you over the phone.

tkdave wrote:

I've looked all over my router and found nothing.  The only info I found was the SSID, WiFi KEY #, the router's ip address, MAC address, serial #, but no password.  I tried every number/word I found on the serial tag and nothing worked.  I even tried my setup info with att.  So would this pasword be on that (I mentioned above) label or should there have been another one also?

Message 4 of 8 (2,233 Views)
Tutor

Model is  i3812V    I tried both of your suggestions without any luck.

Message 5 of 8 (2,215 Views)
Expert

OK, you have an iNID.  Take a look at your BBU (battery backup); see if there is a sticker that shows System Password.

Message 6 of 8 (2,210 Views)
Tutor

Yep, It was right where you said.  Thanks for everything

Message 7 of 8 (2,201 Views)
Expert

YW, who would have thought of putting it there! Smiley Very Happy  And you have Uverse?

Message 8 of 8 (2,194 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Additional Support