reading of email online and outlook express

Contributor

reading of email online and outlook express

If I login to sbcglobal.net  or  att.net to read my email, will the email be available in Outlook express, or can I also retrieve the email to Outlook express for storage in my email disk files, or is the email lost forever to Outlook express? Thanks, Mike

Message 1 of 3 (245 Views)
Community Manager

Re: reading of email online and outlook express

Hi mlmarg,

This will depend on how you setup Outlook Express client to check for mail.  Sounds like you want to leave a copy of your messages on the server so you can view through Outlook Express and online.  Is this correct?  If so, please reply with your OS and the version of Outlook Express.

Regards,

Alex

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help others find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution".
Message 2 of 3 (241 Views)
Contributor

Re: reading of email online and outlook express

Alex, Thank you for the quick response. I am running XP Pro Media Center version with SP2 and Outlook Express 6 (v.6.00.2900.2180).  What I am concerned with is that if I read my email online when away from home, that the email read will not be available for input reading into Outlook Express 6 when I get home so I may store the emails if I desire. I am assuming that once I read the emails online that I can no longer access them thru outlook express. Is this true? Thanks for your help and support in this matter. Mike

Message 3 of 3 (226 Views)