Helpful Links

"Urgent Matter" message for AT&T DSL

Contributor

"Urgent Matter" message for AT&T DSL

A few days ago when I got home from school and tried to get on the internet I was redirected to a screen that said "We have an urgent matter to discuss with you" and it gave a 1-800 number to call. The issue is solved now but I wanted to know if anyone else has seen this before and what could it possible mean? After looking on the internet for the cause of it I came across something mentioning downloading copyrighted things. I don't download anything but I admit to finding sites to watch TV shows. Since seeing this message I havent watched any shows or movies online because I'm a little scared now

My mom mentioned it being something about having to register again so am I just overeacting?

And i dont think it had anything to do with a virus because we are protected.

Message 1 of 4
Contributor

Re: "Urgent Matter" message for AT&T DSL

happened to me when my settings on my modem got messed up. I corrected the settings and everything worked again
Message 2 of 4
Mentor

usually means some kind of billing issue. Wasnt paid, credit card needs to updated or was declined, something like that. The message u get when u need to register is usually something like we need to fix ur connection ur id and password doesnt match the account, or itll take u straight to a registration page.

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Teacher

i think that ios not a vorus its something to do with the conenction with your modem. a techsupport should give you assistance to check the line circuit and check modem configuration if your authenticated on their server
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support