Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jul 5, 2010
7:44:53 PM
on line chat not possible

I have tried several times to get an online chat with an agent.  The screen is a small screen, no way to enlarge, I enter the information, hit submit, and another small screen comes up that I can't enlarge.  Your service is really hard to get to, you carry us to so many different screens, I wish you had kept the BellSouth customer and technical service screens.

My problem is, it takes so long to load the home page, and today it was loading the home page and I hit my mouse to see if finished yet, as it holds pages, I saw a line at the botton that said it was waiting on ad yieldmanager.  Is it ATT or Yahoo that is loading this spyware on my computer and making it slow.  I would like a response to this issue.

I have tried several times to get an online chat with an agent.  The screen is a small screen, no way to enlarge, I enter the information, hit submit, and another small screen comes up that I can't enlarge.  Your service is really hard to get to, you carry us to so many different screens, I wish you had kept the BellSouth customer and technical service screens.

My problem is, it takes so long to load the home page, and today it was loading the home page and I hit my mouse to see if finished yet, as it holds pages, I saw a line at the botton that said it was waiting on ad yieldmanager.  Is it ATT or Yahoo that is loading this spyware on my computer and making it slow.  I would like a response to this issue.

on line chat not possible

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2010 10:37:19 AM
(0)
Former Moderator
Edited by ATTMarianaCM on Sep 12, 2013 at 10:08:00 AM

Hello unhappy,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you. About the chat window, it's actually the default screen size we have in our system. We are so sorry that you can't enlarge it or even change the font size. For you to reach a chat representative, I have here the link that will automatically connect you to them:

DSL Chat Support

About the homepage, clearing the browsing histories and deleting cookies can help resolve the issue. You can follow the steps using these link http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401516 and http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401539

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to post your reply on this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT. Thank you for choosing AT&T Internet Services where we value your business.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello unhappy,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you. About the chat window, it's actually the default screen size we have in our system. We are so sorry that you can't enlarge it or even change the font size. For you to reach a chat representative, I have here the link that will automatically connect you to them:

DSL Chat Support

About the homepage, clearing the browsing histories and deleting cookies can help resolve the issue. You can follow the steps using these link http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401516 and http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401539

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to post your reply on this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT. Thank you for choosing AT&T Internet Services where we value your business.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple

Re: on line chat not possible

[ Edited ]
2 of 11 (2,075 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2010 4:58:20 AM
(0)
Tutor

It looks like it is Yahoo using the spamware "ad yieldmanager" and "blue lithium" from watching it load.  Why does ATT allow Yahoo to load this spyware to your customer's computers??????

It looks like it is Yahoo using the spamware "ad yieldmanager" and "blue lithium" from watching it load.  Why does ATT allow Yahoo to load this spyware to your customer's computers??????

3 of 11 (2,075 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2010 11:33:56 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

Hello unhappy,

I extend my gratitude to you for contacting us about this issue through the forums and please, accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that you have experienced. AT&T Yahoo does not allow any third-party software to act as security for any suspected spam in the AT&T homepage. AT&T has its own security software which is the AT&T Security suite powered McAfee for advanced detection and protection services defend you and your computer from the latest security threats, including viruses, trojans, tracking cookies, spyware, adware, and other potentially unwanted programs. Protection extends beyond the files and folders and on your desktop, targeting threats from different points of entry including e-mail, instant messages, and the Web.

The "ad yieldmanager" is a tracking cookie designed to keep track of how many times you visit a website and how long you stay, your browser type, your IP address, and other web surfing activities which are sent back to the cookie's host site. This is automatically stored on your browser as it saves bits of information in any visited websites opened while you are surfing the internet.

You can delete ad.yieldmanager.com cookie by accessing your cookie settings on your browser or using a good anti-spyware program that scans your computer and quickly removes the cookie for you. After you've deleted the Ad.yieldmanager.com cookie, you have the option to block ad.yieldmanager.com cookie in your browser. Follow these steps on how to block ad.yieldmanager.com in your IE or Firefox browser:

For Internet Explorer: Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Sites: type in yieldmanager.com > Block.

For Firefox: Tools > Options > Privacy > Use custom settings for history > Exceptions > Address of web sites: type in yieldmanager.com > Block.

BlueLithium is an advertising network focused on serving ads based on behavioral targeting of its users.

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to reply on this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.

Hello unhappy,

I extend my gratitude to you for contacting us about this issue through the forums and please, accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that you have experienced. AT&T Yahoo does not allow any third-party software to act as security for any suspected spam in the AT&T homepage. AT&T has its own security software which is the AT&T Security suite powered McAfee for advanced detection and protection services defend you and your computer from the latest security threats, including viruses, trojans, tracking cookies, spyware, adware, and other potentially unwanted programs. Protection extends beyond the files and folders and on your desktop, targeting threats from different points of entry including e-mail, instant messages, and the Web.

The "ad yieldmanager" is a tracking cookie designed to keep track of how many times you visit a website and how long you stay, your browser type, your IP address, and other web surfing activities which are sent back to the cookie's host site. This is automatically stored on your browser as it saves bits of information in any visited websites opened while you are surfing the internet.

You can delete ad.yieldmanager.com cookie by accessing your cookie settings on your browser or using a good anti-spyware program that scans your computer and quickly removes the cookie for you. After you've deleted the Ad.yieldmanager.com cookie, you have the option to block ad.yieldmanager.com cookie in your browser. Follow these steps on how to block ad.yieldmanager.com in your IE or Firefox browser:

For Internet Explorer: Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Sites: type in yieldmanager.com > Block.

For Firefox: Tools > Options > Privacy > Use custom settings for history > Exceptions > Address of web sites: type in yieldmanager.com > Block.

BlueLithium is an advertising network focused on serving ads based on behavioral targeting of its users.

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to reply on this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.

4 of 11 (2,075 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2010 1:07:31 PM
(0)
Tutor

While they may be innocent spyware, they are still spyware.  Does the FCC give you the right to allow Yahoo to put this spyware on our computers and most ATT users do not realize that you are allowing this spyware to be placed on their computers while they think you are only allowing us to pick up our email.  This seems wrong to me.  I did not contract for spyware when I let ATT handled my DSL line and email.  How many of the other users do not realize this??

While they may be innocent spyware, they are still spyware.  Does the FCC give you the right to allow Yahoo to put this spyware on our computers and most ATT users do not realize that you are allowing this spyware to be placed on their computers while they think you are only allowing us to pick up our email.  This seems wrong to me.  I did not contract for spyware when I let ATT handled my DSL line and email.  How many of the other users do not realize this??

5 of 11 (2,075 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2010 1:12:41 PM
(0)
Tutor

Is the McKfee virsus and spyware software you have free or is it the software we have to pay extra for.  This still does not give you the right to allow Yahoo to add this spyware to our computers.

Is the McKfee virsus and spyware software you have free or is it the software we have to pay extra for.  This still does not give you the right to allow Yahoo to add this spyware to our computers.

6 of 11 (2,075 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2010 2:10:47 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

Hello unhappy, Even though the name may indicate so, Spyware is not an illegal type of software in any way. Spyware may be imbedded in software that you have licensed from a third-party pursuant and basically is part of the world wide web. AT&T Internet Services strongly recommends that you carefully review all software licenses to which you have agreed. Because it usually embeds itself within your registry files, spyware is difficult to remove without the help of utilities specialized in detecting spyware. AT&T recommends use of its Internet Security Suite product for help in detecting spyware. Install anti-virus and anti-spyware software, which scans incoming emails and files for problems, and keep it up to date.

You may click this link for additional Computer Security Tips.

Thank you for choosing AT&T Internet Services where we value your business.

Hello unhappy, Even though the name may indicate so, Spyware is not an illegal type of software in any way. Spyware may be imbedded in software that you have licensed from a third-party pursuant and basically is part of the world wide web. AT&T Internet Services strongly recommends that you carefully review all software licenses to which you have agreed. Because it usually embeds itself within your registry files, spyware is difficult to remove without the help of utilities specialized in detecting spyware. AT&T recommends use of its Internet Security Suite product for help in detecting spyware. Install anti-virus and anti-spyware software, which scans incoming emails and files for problems, and keep it up to date.

You may click this link for additional Computer Security Tips.

Thank you for choosing AT&T Internet Services where we value your business.

7 of 11 (2,075 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2010 3:04:13 PM
(0)
Tutor

I understand that spyware is not illegal, but it is time consuming and the more you have on your computer the slower it may go.  So if I read you reply right, I can pay for your anti-virus, anti-spyware and pay to remove spyware that Yahoo loaded to my computer because you go thru Yahoo for our email??  Is this correct??

I understand that spyware is not illegal, but it is time consuming and the more you have on your computer the slower it may go.  So if I read you reply right, I can pay for your anti-virus, anti-spyware and pay to remove spyware that Yahoo loaded to my computer because you go thru Yahoo for our email??  Is this correct??

8 of 11 (2,075 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2010 12:11:52 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

Hello unhappy,

Thank you for the immediate response on this issue. The AT&T Internet Security Suite (AT&T ISS) powered by McAfee is offered as a free service to all customers with a level of 3.0 Mbps to 6.0 Mbps DSL / HSI service. Customers installation for High Speed Internet speeds 1.5 Mbps or less will be charged $5.00 / month. However, you also have an option to install any legitimate third-party anti-spyware application available online aside from the AT&T ISS.

Hello unhappy,

Thank you for the immediate response on this issue. The AT&T Internet Security Suite (AT&T ISS) powered by McAfee is offered as a free service to all customers with a level of 3.0 Mbps to 6.0 Mbps DSL / HSI service. Customers installation for High Speed Internet speeds 1.5 Mbps or less will be charged $5.00 / month. However, you also have an option to install any legitimate third-party anti-spyware application available online aside from the AT&T ISS.

9 of 11 (2,075 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2010 7:52:33 AM
(0)
Tutor

So to simplify what your last reply is:  if I have the slower DSL (which I do) I will have to pay ATT $5.00 per month or buy another spyware product to remove the spyware that ATT allows Yahoo to put on our system.

So to simplify what your last reply is:  if I have the slower DSL (which I do) I will have to pay ATT $5.00 per month or buy another spyware product to remove the spyware that ATT allows Yahoo to put on our system.

10 of 11 (2,075 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2010 9:44:15 PM
(0)
Tutor

Yes Unhappy,  The Motive software used by the AT and T self repair is considered dangerous or invasive by many, just Google and see.   The software can also be very helpful so its a bit of a leap off the high dive.

I would suggest the use of Hijack This to rid yourself of Spyware to back up your McAfee.     Any software that does NOT include spyware touts its customer friendliness up front, others respond with "spyware is not illegal"  as if that makes it any more palatable.  There are customer service and customer answer departments, know the difference.

Marketers are constantly spying and though some of it from say newspaper sites is relatively harmless, most other sites are involved in some type of skullduggery.

There are no little things and the small print is small because its hiding something big.   Caveat Emptor.

Yes Unhappy,  The Motive software used by the AT and T self repair is considered dangerous or invasive by many, just Google and see.   The software can also be very helpful so its a bit of a leap off the high dive.

I would suggest the use of Hijack This to rid yourself of Spyware to back up your McAfee.     Any software that does NOT include spyware touts its customer friendliness up front, others respond with "spyware is not illegal"  as if that makes it any more palatable.  There are customer service and customer answer departments, know the difference.

Marketers are constantly spying and though some of it from say newspaper sites is relatively harmless, most other sites are involved in some type of skullduggery.

There are no little things and the small print is small because its hiding something big.   Caveat Emptor.

11 of 11 (1,012 Views)