Internet Forums

Posted Dec 19, 2009
9:51:24 AM
View profile
my greeting is someone elses name.
my greeting is someone elses name. where it says "hi Joe" it has someone elses name, not mine. How can this happen?
my greeting is someone elses name. where it says "hi Joe" it has someone elses name, not mine. How can this happen?

my greeting is someone elses name.

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2009 6:24:16 AM
(0)
Guru

you can change the name on your account information. go to att.yahoo.com/membercenter website --> login using your email ID --> click on MY ACCOUNT AND BILLING tab --> under Personal Information, click on VIEW/EDIT CONTACT INFORMATION, MARKETING PREFERENCES, ETC. link --> on Yahoo! Address/Contact Information, click on the EDIT button --> you can change your name on the next screen --> click on SAVE CHANGES button (bottom-right corner). logout and log back in, see if changes the display name.

good luck! :smileyhappy:

you can change the name on your account information. go to att.yahoo.com/membercenter website --> login using your email ID --> click on MY ACCOUNT AND BILLING tab --> under Personal Information, click on VIEW/EDIT CONTACT INFORMATION, MARKETING PREFERENCES, ETC. link --> on Yahoo! Address/Contact Information, click on the EDIT button --> you can change your name on the next screen --> click on SAVE CHANGES button (bottom-right corner). logout and log back in, see if changes the display name.

good luck! :smileyhappy:

Re: my greeting is someone elses name.

2 of 3 (405 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2009 8:58:19 AM
(0)
AT&T Internet Expert

Hello Sheldon Scott,

I apologize for the inconvenience which you are experiencing.

The information which you are talking about (welcome name), is an editable field on your AT&T email account and if anyone knows your email address and corresponding password, that person can edit or change that (welcome name) information.

If you think that someone knows your AT&T email address and corresponding password, then I would suggest you to change your AT&T email account's password.

Please try the steps mentioned below to update your welcome name, as per your need.

1. Visit http://att.my.yahoo.com

2. Click <Please sign in>.

3. Enter your AT&T Internet Services e-mail address in the <Email:smileyembarrassed: field and password in the <Password> field. Click <Sign In>.

4. Click <Member Center>.

5. Click on the <My Account & Billing> tab.

6. Type password in the <Password:smileyembarrassed: filed and click <Continue>.

7. Click <View/Edit Contact Information, Marketing preferences, etc. >.

8. Type password in the <Password> field and click <Continue>.

9. Click <Edit> available next to <Yahoo! Address / Contact Information>.

10. Please change the first name from the <First:smileyembarrassed: field.

11. Click <Save Changes>.

If you experience any difficulty while making such changes with your AT&T email account, you may contact the AT&T eChat helpdesk.

If you are in 'AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI' area, you may use the link mentioned below to contact AT&T eChat:

https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnaire_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello Sheldon Scott,

I apologize for the inconvenience which you are experiencing.

The information which you are talking about (welcome name), is an editable field on your AT&T email account and if anyone knows your email address and corresponding password, that person can edit or change that (welcome name) information.

If you think that someone knows your AT&T email address and corresponding password, then I would suggest you to change your AT&T email account's password.

Please try the steps mentioned below to update your welcome name, as per your need.

1. Visit http://att.my.yahoo.com

2. Click <Please sign in>.

3. Enter your AT&T Internet Services e-mail address in the <Email:smileyembarrassed: field and password in the <Password> field. Click <Sign In>.

4. Click <Member Center>.

5. Click on the <My Account & Billing> tab.

6. Type password in the <Password:smileyembarrassed: filed and click <Continue>.

7. Click <View/Edit Contact Information, Marketing preferences, etc. >.

8. Type password in the <Password> field and click <Continue>.

9. Click <Edit> available next to <Yahoo! Address / Contact Information>.

10. Please change the first name from the <First:smileyembarrassed: field.

11. Click <Save Changes>.

If you experience any difficulty while making such changes with your AT&T email account, you may contact the AT&T eChat helpdesk.

If you are in 'AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI' area, you may use the link mentioned below to contact AT&T eChat:

https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnaire_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx

Re: my greeting is someone elses name.

3 of 3 (405 Views)