12-21-2009 6:24 AM
you can change the name on your account information. go to att.yahoo.com/membercenter website --> login using your email ID --> click on MY ACCOUNT AND BILLING tab --> under Personal Information, click on VIEW/EDIT CONTACT INFORMATION, MARKETING PREFERENCES, ETC. link --> on Yahoo! Address/Contact Information, click on the EDIT button --> you can change your name on the next screen --> click on SAVE CHANGES button (bottom-right corner). logout and log back in, see if changes the display name.
12-21-2009 8:58 AM
Hello Sheldon Scott,
I apologize for the inconvenience which you are experiencing.
The information which you are talking about (welcome name), is an editable field on your AT&T email account and if anyone knows your email address and corresponding password, that person can edit or change that (welcome name) information.
If you think that someone knows your AT&T email address and corresponding password, then I would suggest you to change your AT&T email account's password.
Please try the steps mentioned below to update your welcome name, as per your need.
1. Visit http://att.my.yahoo.com
2. Click <Please sign in>.
3. Enter your AT&T Internet Services e-mail address in the <Email field and password in the <Password> field. Click <Sign In>.
4. Click <Member Center>.
5. Click on the <My Account & Billing> tab.
6. Type password in the <Password filed and click <Continue>.
7. Click <View/Edit Contact Information, Marketing preferences, etc. >.
8. Type password in the <Password> field and click <Continue>.
9. Click <Edit> available next to <Yahoo! Address / Contact Information>.
10. Please change the first name from the <First field.
11. Click <Save Changes>.
If you experience any difficulty while making such changes with your AT&T email account, you may contact the AT&T eChat helpdesk.
If you are in 'AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI' area, you may use the link mentioned below to contact AT&T eChat:
© 2016 AT&T Intellectual Property.This link will open a new window All rights reserved. AT&T, Globe logo, Mobilizing Your World and DIRECTV are registered trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Congratulations! You earned the Liz badge!