is it my modem? line? my dsl speed SUCKS!

Contributor

is it my modem? line? my dsl speed SUCKS!

[ Edited ]

I have had SCBGLOBAL.NET DSL since about 2003. I am currently using a Speedstream 4100 modem. For some reason, my speeds have plummeted to unacceptable speeds. I have changed modems (same kind) cleaned the ends of each line. I am now coming here hoping for some hope. I am about to switch to Comcast as i just can't take this hassle any more.

ok, i just changed the old phone line from the wall to the dsl modem, i also changed the ethernet cord from the modem to the router. IT SEEMS that if i mess with the phoneline dsl connection, on the wall, that my ping can increase as well as my total speed back up to just over 5Mbps.

At this moment its only at 1.31Mbps and since I have changed the cords as well as the modem, I have to wonder if MAYBE the box on the wall for the phone line/dsl is going bad?Maybe I should change it out?

Also, since I do not have a landline phone on that exact spot and am only using the box on the wall for DSL what it really matters if I have a DSL Filter on that line or not? The dsl seems to work with or without a filter on that box.

Any help here from anyone would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 2 (1,624 Views)
Contributor

Re: is it my modem? line? my dsl speed SUCKS!

Hello,

You are not alone. My Internet download speed is 27% of contractual and promissed one.

Like you, I tried everything and got no result. The last thing I did was installing filters

and contacting tech support, but again got no result. The best solution is to pay more and get

the top speed they have. Actually that what they are aiming at. Getting you and I to pay more.

Stay well

Message 2 of 2 (1,579 Views)