Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Aug 9, 2010
1:23:05 PM
internet unreliable late night

between 8:30 -11:30 my internet is crap

i play online games like css, i would like stable ping connection.

any way to fix this?

between 8:30 -11:30 my internet is crap

i play online games like css, i would like stable ping connection.

any way to fix this?

internet unreliable late night

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 5:04:31 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

Hello there thereaper,

I extend my gratitude to you for contacting us about this issue through the forums and please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you have experienced. Having a stable and low ping is a must in gaming online. With regard to your problem, I can see that you have a pattern there. Try to test your Internet speed whenever you get low ping while playing. You can do that at www.speedtest.net. We need the test to know if it's your connection in general that is giving you such issue during that particular time. If it is, please give us a call so we can work with it accordingly. Well, Given if it's not your connection; then it could be on your computer or in your network. A lot of factors can contribute to this problem such as the Firewall, Motherborad, Nic card and other softwares. While playing, make sure you close all browsers and programs. Avoid downloading and playing at the same time. If possible, open the ports to your game server. Also, don't forget to check the quality and performace of your devices there in your computer by doing some timely upgrades and updates.

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to reply on this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.

For quick answers, make the new AT&T Help site your first stop. Visit http://www.att.com/esupport/ where you'll find pages of product information to assist you.

Thank you for choosing At&t where we value your Business.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello there thereaper,

I extend my gratitude to you for contacting us about this issue through the forums and please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you have experienced. Having a stable and low ping is a must in gaming online. With regard to your problem, I can see that you have a pattern there. Try to test your Internet speed whenever you get low ping while playing. You can do that at www.speedtest.net. We need the test to know if it's your connection in general that is giving you such issue during that particular time. If it is, please give us a call so we can work with it accordingly. Well, Given if it's not your connection; then it could be on your computer or in your network. A lot of factors can contribute to this problem such as the Firewall, Motherborad, Nic card and other softwares. While playing, make sure you close all browsers and programs. Avoid downloading and playing at the same time. If possible, open the ports to your game server. Also, don't forget to check the quality and performace of your devices there in your computer by doing some timely upgrades and updates.

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to reply on this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk. You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.

For quick answers, make the new AT&T Help site your first stop. Visit http://www.att.com/esupport/ where you'll find pages of product information to assist you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple

Re: internet unreliable late night

2 of 12 (630 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 7:03:32 PM
(0)
Tutor

http://www.speedtest.net/result/909178429.png

i just got a new computer few days ago cant be that, been having this problem for a month or so

http://www.speedtest.net/result/909178429.png

i just got a new computer few days ago cant be that, been having this problem for a month or so

3 of 12 (630 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 7:07:00 PM
(0)
Tutor

thats me with bad connection

thats me with bad connection

4 of 12 (630 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2010 9:17:24 PM
(0)
Tutor

5 of 12 (630 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2010 2:12:37 AM
(0)
Teacher

i have the same exact problem

i have the same exact problem

6 of 12 (630 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2010 10:24:17 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

Hello there thereaper,

First of all, thank you for your timely response. As what I have said, the list is endless on what factors contributes to such predicament.

Looking at the Speed test results you have, we need to know your DSL speed package to see if you are getting the right numbers. Though the ping result is just fair it should be below or equal to 100ms.

Please try www.pingtest.net and see much detailed information. Please provide a screenshot if possible. Another angle to look at is the server of the games you're playing. Their end could also affect your ping, especially if it's outside the country. Try to ask other players in your area if they're experiencing similar problems. However, given that your computer is all good; the network in general should be tested accordingly in our end. You need to call us here in technical support for real-time assessment and evaluation on your issue. We can do some tests with our Network Engineers here and if needed you can ask for higher level support to help you accordingly. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hello there thereaper,

First of all, thank you for your timely response. As what I have said, the list is endless on what factors contributes to such predicament.

Looking at the Speed test results you have, we need to know your DSL speed package to see if you are getting the right numbers. Though the ping result is just fair it should be below or equal to 100ms.

Please try www.pingtest.net and see much detailed information. Please provide a screenshot if possible. Another angle to look at is the server of the games you're playing. Their end could also affect your ping, especially if it's outside the country. Try to ask other players in your area if they're experiencing similar problems. However, given that your computer is all good; the network in general should be tested accordingly in our end. You need to call us here in technical support for real-time assessment and evaluation on your issue. We can do some tests with our Network Engineers here and if needed you can ask for higher level support to help you accordingly. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

7 of 12 (630 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2010 12:07:54 PM
(0)
Tutor

ill post around 9 again with ping test

last night i ran that modem diagnostic test and my ip kept failing

ill post around 9 again with ping test

last night i ran that modem diagnostic test and my ip kept failing

8 of 12 (630 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2010 5:57:56 PM
(0)
Tutor

9 of 12 (630 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2010 10:07:37 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

Hello there thereaper,

Thank you again for your timely response. I've checked the ping test and it seems fine. It's at Quality B and you got no packets lost. Some jitters on the way, but it's all good. Like what I said before, try and double check the server where you are playing. Try other servers as well, because your ping matters greatly on the stability of the server you are playing with. I just want to set expectations here that DSL is a "best effort" service, not a guaranteed service. It comes with no SLA (Service Level Agreement) like a T class service (T1, T3, et cetera) might have. What I'm saying here, with regard to your ping; Quality A is attainable but not a guarantee. With all that said, rest assured our system here is still doing all that it can to give the best for you. If you have the time, Try doing some trace route there to some local servers and count the hops and take note of the ping results. You can do that by going to your command prompt and type in there ping www.yahoo.com, yet try a local site there from a University or such instead of Yahoo. By the way, for us to guide you with much effective troubleshooting and real-time evaluation of your issue, please call us.

Call us so that we can check your line with our Network Engineers here.

Thank you for your time and patience. Take care.

Hello there thereaper,

Thank you again for your timely response. I've checked the ping test and it seems fine. It's at Quality B and you got no packets lost. Some jitters on the way, but it's all good. Like what I said before, try and double check the server where you are playing. Try other servers as well, because your ping matters greatly on the stability of the server you are playing with. I just want to set expectations here that DSL is a "best effort" service, not a guaranteed service. It comes with no SLA (Service Level Agreement) like a T class service (T1, T3, et cetera) might have. What I'm saying here, with regard to your ping; Quality A is attainable but not a guarantee. With all that said, rest assured our system here is still doing all that it can to give the best for you. If you have the time, Try doing some trace route there to some local servers and count the hops and take note of the ping results. You can do that by going to your command prompt and type in there ping www.yahoo.com, yet try a local site there from a University or such instead of Yahoo. By the way, for us to guide you with much effective troubleshooting and real-time evaluation of your issue, please call us.

Call us so that we can check your line with our Network Engineers here.

Thank you for your time and patience. Take care.

10 of 12 (630 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2010 1:45:06 AM
(0)
Tutor

ill call em i guess, could my ip be an issue for this?

ill call em i guess, could my ip be an issue for this?

11 of 12 (335 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2010 11:11:48 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

Hello there thereaper,

We could not say that the issue was caused by the IP assigned to your connection unless tests are performed and assesed by our Network Engineers.

Once again, please call us. We look forward in talking with you to resolve the issue.

Thank you for your patience and for choosing At&t where we value your Business.

Hello there thereaper,

We could not say that the issue was caused by the IP assigned to your connection unless tests are performed and assesed by our Network Engineers.

Once again, please call us. We look forward in talking with you to resolve the issue.

Thank you for your patience and for choosing At&t where we value your Business.

12 of 12 (335 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments