Helpful Links

home router

Contributor

home router

can anyone handhold me on setup?I have 2wire dsl modem cisco 2801 router with integrated switch and call manager express.The system has been up and working for years. I need to be able to leave the 2wire as is for my wifes laptop. Then I need to plug cisco fa0/1 int into 2wire.Have cisco get address from 2wire.Then be able to have cumputer plugged into switch port of any phone get address from cisco and be able to access the internet or call manager which is on 10 .1.10.0 network.I have read hundreds of configs but none are doing what I want to do.2wire is 192.168.1.1 gw 254. vlan 200 is data on cisco. I am NOT learned enough to do this yet.(Believe me I have tried)
Message 1 of 5
Expert

Re: home router

Do you have AT&T U-verse internet service or AT&T DSL internet service?

Message 2 of 5
Contributor

dsl
Message 3 of 5

ipwanab wrote:
can anyone handhold me on setup?I have 2wire dsl modem cisco 2801 router with integrated switch and call manager express.The system has been up and working for years. I need to be able to leave the 2wire as is for my wifes laptop. Then I need to plug cisco fa0/1 int into 2wire.Have cisco get address from 2wire.Then be able to have cumputer plugged into switch port of any phone get address from cisco and be able to access the internet or call manager which is on 10 .1.10.0 network.I have read hundreds of configs but none are doing what I want to do.2wire is 192.168.1.1 gw 254. vlan 200 is data on cisco. I am NOT learned enough to do this yet.(Believe me I have tried)

If it's been up and working for years, what changed? What are you trying to do that is different than your original config?

Other than getting all the hardware for free, why would you need a medium to large buisiness class router and IP/PBX phone system in your home? Especially considering you don't know how to configure/use it. Who set it up for you originally?

You can start here, if you have not yet seen this: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/2800/hardware/quick/guide/2800_qsg.pdf 

Of course your config is dependant on what cards/options you have installed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Message 4 of 5
Contributor

you must be replying to a different question than I asked
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues, we are here to chat!

Additional Support