Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Sep 20, 2011
10:20:46 AM
View profile
emails not showing up in inbox

For a few days emails were not showing up in my inbox until days after they were sent.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why, and the emails are not from any particular server.  This happened to me once before.  Has anyone else had this problem?

For a few days emails were not showing up in my inbox until days after they were sent.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why, and the emails are not from any particular server.  This happened to me once before.  Has anyone else had this problem?

emails not showing up in inbox

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2011 5:15:53 PM
(0)
Employee

Hi newhope,

We can understand how important it is for you to access the mails and apologize for the inconvenience caused.

This issue usually occurs if all the mails in the inbox are being download in an e-mail program or other devices like laptop, iphone and PDA.

If there is an e-mail program installed on the computer ( like Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, MacMail ), please open it and check if the mails are present in the inbox. If yes, then you would need to set up the e-mail program to manually forward them to your AT&T Yahoo web mail.

The option "Leave a copy of the message on server" needs to be checked.

The following link will provide the basic configuration information which is important for any e-mail program to be able to send and receive e-mail using an AT&T e-mail address

www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401568

If you have set up the mail account in a mobile device like iPhone or PDA, please locate the option that would keep a copy of the message on the server.

You can also try changing the password of your AT&T mail account.

The following link will have the steps on how to do so.

www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401397 

Refer to the section that says "If you know your Email password and want to log in and change it" under "E-mail" .

For further assistance and if you are located in the one of the following states AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI, please contact e-Chat support from the web link provided below

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hi newhope,

We can understand how important it is for you to access the mails and apologize for the inconvenience caused.

This issue usually occurs if all the mails in the inbox are being download in an e-mail program or other devices like laptop, iphone and PDA.

If there is an e-mail program installed on the computer ( like Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, MacMail ), please open it and check if the mails are present in the inbox. If yes, then you would need to set up the e-mail program to manually forward them to your AT&T Yahoo web mail.

The option "Leave a copy of the message on server" needs to be checked.

The following link will provide the basic configuration information which is important for any e-mail program to be able to send and receive e-mail using an AT&T e-mail address

www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401568

If you have set up the mail account in a mobile device like iPhone or PDA, please locate the option that would keep a copy of the message on the server.

You can also try changing the password of your AT&T mail account.

The following link will have the steps on how to do so.

www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401397 

Refer to the section that says "If you know your Email password and want to log in and change it" under "E-mail" .

For further assistance and if you are located in the one of the following states AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI, please contact e-Chat support from the web link provided below

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: emails not showing up in inbox

2 of 3 (1,005 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2011 8:24:31 PM
(0)
Employee

Hello there newhope,

I extend my gratitude to you for contacting us about this issue through the forums and please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you have experienced. With regard to the Email Latency on your end; an Email Server issue has been tracked. The problem is being fully monitored by our Server Experts. We just received a confirmation today Sept. 20 around 11 AM regarding this Network Event. We are getting momentary updates and it is advised not to reset your password. There has been no Estimated time of Restoral yet but rest assured At&t and Yahoo are checking on this double time. For more information regarding this predicament, please feel free to contact us -Technical Support via Chat or Phone.

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to post your reply on this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk.
You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.

You can also contact us through chat at the following links.
For CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT. -
https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnaire_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx

For KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL - https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnaire_c2c_dsl_se.aspx

For quick answers, make the new AT&T Help site your first stop. Visit http://www.att.com/esupport/ where you'll find pages of product information to assist you.

Thank you for choosing AT&T where we value your Business.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions," you can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. That will help other users find this information too!

Hello there newhope,

I extend my gratitude to you for contacting us about this issue through the forums and please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you have experienced. With regard to the Email Latency on your end; an Email Server issue has been tracked. The problem is being fully monitored by our Server Experts. We just received a confirmation today Sept. 20 around 11 AM regarding this Network Event. We are getting momentary updates and it is advised not to reset your password. There has been no Estimated time of Restoral yet but rest assured At&t and Yahoo are checking on this double time. For more information regarding this predicament, please feel free to contact us -Technical Support via Chat or Phone.

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to post your reply on this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk.
You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.

You can also contact us through chat at the following links.
For CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT. -
https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnaire_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx

For KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL - https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnaire_c2c_dsl_se.aspx

For quick answers, make the new AT&T Help site your first stop. Visit http://www.att.com/esupport/ where you'll find pages of product information to assist you.

Thank you for choosing AT&T where we value your Business.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions," you can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. That will help other users find this information too!
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: emails not showing up in inbox

3 of 3 (999 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments