Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Oct 8, 2009
8:50:41 AM
default email client help!!

i'm trying to set AT&T Yahoo! as my default mail. how do I go about doing this? do I need a toolbar? if so, what version and where can i download it since i can't seem to find AT&T Yahoo! from Internet Options. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

i'm trying to set AT&T Yahoo! as my default mail. how do I go about doing this? do I need a toolbar? if so, what version and where can i download it since i can't seem to find AT&T Yahoo! from Internet Options. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

default email client help!!

14 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(14)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2009 10:41:21 AM
(0)
Tutor

nevermind.. found the answer. :robotwink:

nevermind.. found the answer. :robotwink:

Re: default email client help!!

2 of 15 (2,611 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2009 7:27:54 AM
(0)
Contributor
Help! I am having this problem too.
Help! I am having this problem too.

3 of 15 (2,611 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2009 7:30:23 AM
(0)
Guru

do you want to set AT&T Yahoo! as your default email application? you could download the AT&T Toolbar at att.software.yahoo.com website. Then on Internet Explorer browser, go to TOOLS --> INTERNET OPTIONS --> set AT&T Yahoo! as the email program. Hit OK.

do you want to set AT&T Yahoo! as your default email application? you could download the AT&T Toolbar at att.software.yahoo.com website. Then on Internet Explorer browser, go to TOOLS --> INTERNET OPTIONS --> set AT&T Yahoo! as the email program. Hit OK.

4 of 15 (2,611 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2009 7:52:09 AM
(0)
Contributor
Okay but i don't like Internet explorer. I use firefox. so does that mean that I need to set internet explorer as default even though I don't use it? And also is that where I have to set all my internet options up at? I appreciate your help, I am trying to get the hang of this. I also use/have a gmail address and a hotmail. I dont understand what the default mail server means. What are my choices? Thanks for your help.
Okay but i don't like Internet explorer. I use firefox. so does that mean that I need to set internet explorer as default even though I don't use it? And also is that where I have to set all my internet options up at? I appreciate your help, I am trying to get the hang of this. I also use/have a gmail address and a hotmail. I dont understand what the default mail server means. What are my choices? Thanks for your help.

5 of 15 (2,611 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2009 10:06:52 AM
(0)
Guru

you could use Mozilla if you prefer it more than IE browser. that's okay. i think it will be easier if you just access att.yahoo.com/mail to access your AT&T email. just type that address on the address bar.

you may go to Mozilla --> EDIT --> PREFERENCES --> set att.yahoo.com/mail as your homepage so that you could easily go to the AT&T mail page everytime Mozilla starts up.

you could use Mozilla if you prefer it more than IE browser. that's okay. i think it will be easier if you just access att.yahoo.com/mail to access your AT&T email. just type that address on the address bar.

you may go to Mozilla --> EDIT --> PREFERENCES --> set att.yahoo.com/mail as your homepage so that you could easily go to the AT&T mail page everytime Mozilla starts up.

6 of 15 (2,611 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2009 5:36:42 AM
(0)
Contributor
thank you, I will do that.
thank you, I will do that.

7 of 15 (2,611 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2009 6:53:35 AM
(0)
Tutor
I downloaded the Yahoo toolbar, but it did not show up as a selection in internet options. Now what? I click on send email in a website and it defaults to my previous email provider (which no longer is available to me).
I downloaded the Yahoo toolbar, but it did not show up as a selection in internet options. Now what? I click on send email in a website and it defaults to my previous email provider (which no longer is available to me).

8 of 15 (2,611 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2009 7:45:50 AM
(0)
Guru

when you try to send email in a website, which program pulls up for your prev. email provider? is it outlook? or it opens up your prev. email provider's website?

when you try to send email in a website, which program pulls up for your prev. email provider? is it outlook? or it opens up your prev. email provider's website?

9 of 15 (2,611 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2009 8:47:35 AM
(0)
Tutor
It pops up w/my prev email subscriber (Earthlink) which is the one Dell had program in when computer was sent (on start page, Internet options, etc.) Can't seem to shake it!
It pops up w/my prev email subscriber (Earthlink) which is the one Dell had program in when computer was sent (on start page, Internet options, etc.) Can't seem to shake it!

10 of 15 (2,611 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2009 11:57:31 AM
(0)
Guru

what are the options listed under EMAIL on your Internet Options? is it currently set on EARTHLINK?

BTW, do you have a Mozilla browser? it is easier to set AT&T Yahoo! as the email application from that browser. if you have it, just go to "Edit -> Preferences -> Mail & Newsgroups" and select Yahoo or AT&T Yahoo Mail.

to remove earthlink as the default email application:

go to "Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Set Program Access and Defaults [on the left] -> Custom", and remove EARTHLINK as your default e-mail application.

what are the options listed under EMAIL on your Internet Options? is it currently set on EARTHLINK?

BTW, do you have a Mozilla browser? it is easier to set AT&T Yahoo! as the email application from that browser. if you have it, just go to "Edit -> Preferences -> Mail & Newsgroups" and select Yahoo or AT&T Yahoo Mail.

to remove earthlink as the default email application:

go to "Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Set Program Access and Defaults [on the left] -> Custom", and remove EARTHLINK as your default e-mail application.

11 of 15 (2,049 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2009 1:58:30 PM
(0)
Tutor
Options under Internet Access:Earthlink TotalAccess Mailbox; MS Office Outlook; Hotmail; MSN Explorer; Outlook Express No Mozilla browser - it's MS Internet Explorer
Options under Internet Access:Earthlink TotalAccess Mailbox; MS Office Outlook; Hotmail; MSN Explorer; Outlook Express No Mozilla browser - it's MS Internet Explorer

12 of 15 (2,049 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2009 2:12:51 PM
(0)
Guru

i see. go back to Internet Options --> just select HOTMAIL instead of Earthlink --. hit APPLY. and then you may setup your Internet Explorer's homepager as att.yahoo.com/mail so you could easily have access to your AT&T Mail page.

BTW, did you download the toolbar from att.software.yahoo.com website?

i see. go back to Internet Options --> just select HOTMAIL instead of Earthlink --. hit APPLY. and then you may setup your Internet Explorer's homepager as att.yahoo.com/mail so you could easily have access to your AT&T Mail page.

BTW, did you download the toolbar from att.software.yahoo.com website?

13 of 15 (2,049 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2009 4:39:50 PM
(0)
Tutor
I'll try that. re: BTW- no, just from yahoo.com- everytime I enter www.att.software.yahoo.com, I get the "unable to locate server" page.
I'll try that. re: BTW- no, just from yahoo.com- everytime I enter www.att.software.yahoo.com, I get the "unable to locate server" page.

14 of 15 (2,049 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2009 6:24:33 AM
(0)
Guru

helpplz wrote:

i see. try going to att.yahoo.com/membercenter and then login as the primary AT&T email ID. once you are logged in, go to PRODUCTS AND SERVICES tab --> click on the AT&T Yahoo! Toolbar icon to download it.

helpplz wrote:

i see. try going to att.yahoo.com/membercenter and then login as the primary AT&T email ID. once you are logged in, go to PRODUCTS AND SERVICES tab --> click on the AT&T Yahoo! Toolbar icon to download it.

15 of 15 (2,049 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments