att/yahoo ssl changes

Contributor

att/yahoo ssl changes

thanks to no help from ATT technical support. it appears that email client outlook 2003 needs different setting than what is posted on ATT web site. SMTP/POP are ssl disabled use port 110/587.

Message 1 of 3
Contributor

Re: att/yahoo ssl changes

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!  I have been fighting with this issue for DAYS!  And you are right...AT&T has been NO help whatsoever.  All the settings info on their online support pages is bogus!  I don't know how you discovered the correct settings (and I wonder for how long they will work?), but BLESS YOU for managing to figure it out.

Message 2 of 3
Tutor

Re: att/yahoo ssl changes

AH HA!!!!!!.... Sooooo ATT is making non-public changes "Again" Its funny how U-VERSE will send me a postcard everytime about changes in programming OR new channels or numbers changing, but when it comes to I.T. changes... no one has a "CLUE"

My settings have always worked and suddenly just stopped working... I've adopted the updated settings and I CAN SEND EMAIL VIA OUTLOOK 2007 again...

Note to ATT Tech Support... please inform your technicians to stop telling clients that this is a Microsoft issue... because its not.

If you like... i guess you could blame in on Gremlins making changes during the night?

:smileyvery-happy:

Cheers everyone....

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support