Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Nov 21, 2009
2:51:40 PM
View profile
at&t modem/router combo and ps3 NAT settings
Hey I have a connection where my internet runs from the phone line to a router/modem combo device. I am trying to edit some settings so my NAT settings on my ps3 changes from NAT type 3 (strict) to NAT type 2 (open/moderate) so that I can party up with my brother online for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and when I type in the routers ip in my internet to change settings (like open up ports or establish DMZ for gaming) there aren't any options probably due to it being controlled by AT&T and me not being allowed to edit any settings on it. Is there a way to have that changed? Do I call them and ask them to open up all the ports? Do they do stuff like that? and if so what information would I need ready when I call them (like account name/info, router/modem model number or anything like that? Any help? Appreciate it.
Hey I have a connection where my internet runs from the phone line to a router/modem combo device. I am trying to edit some settings so my NAT settings on my ps3 changes from NAT type 3 (strict) to NAT type 2 (open/moderate) so that I can party up with my brother online for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and when I type in the routers ip in my internet to change settings (like open up ports or establish DMZ for gaming) there aren't any options probably due to it being controlled by AT&T and me not being allowed to edit any settings on it. Is there a way to have that changed? Do I call them and ask them to open up all the ports? Do they do stuff like that? and if so what information would I need ready when I call them (like account name/info, router/modem model number or anything like that? Any help? Appreciate it.

at&t modem/router combo and ps3 NAT settings

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2009 7:01:31 PM
(0)
Guru
is that the 2Wire you're using? yes, AT&T Home Networking can help you change the settings on the 2Wire firewall. if you're using the current versions of the 2Wire, just go to the IP 192.168.1.254 and then hit the FIREWALL icon at the very top of the 2Wire interface.
is that the 2Wire you're using? yes, AT&T Home Networking can help you change the settings on the 2Wire firewall. if you're using the current versions of the 2Wire, just go to the IP 192.168.1.254 and then hit the FIREWALL icon at the very top of the 2Wire interface.

Re: at&t modem/router combo and ps3 NAT settings

2 of 3 (9,135 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2010 10:54:03 AM
(0)
Contributor

how exactly do you do that

how exactly do you do that

Re: at&t modem/router combo and ps3 NAT settings

3 of 3 (9,135 Views)