Helpful Links

Yahoo!

Contributor

Yahoo!

When I signed up for at&t, I never intended to sign up for yahoo! which I find to be a very politically biased website.  How can I disassociate myself from yahoo while still being an at&t subscriber?  If I have to dump at&t, I will.

Message 1 of 4
Tutor

Re: Yahoo!

fwiener, interesting that you did not receive a response from the "att community" - makes one wonder how useful is the community. I am a new u-verse subscriber; just noticed that ATT has put Yahoo on my "right click" SEND TO shortcut (Win XP). I am not pleased when an entity to which I subscribe takes advantage of my system settings. Wonder what else they have tinkered with? Bill
Message 2 of 4
Tutor

Successfully reset "right-cliick" SEND TO to delete Yahoo and return to the setting prior to installing U-verse. To do so: click START button, then select CONTROL PANEL; change to Classic View, open TASKBAR and START MENU. Select the Start Menu TAB then select the Start Menu check box. Click CUSTOMIZE. Go to Show on Start Menu. Drop down to the email program drop-box. In my case, att.net was shown as the email program. Open the drop box and chose the program you want to use with SEND TO. Good luck.
Message 3 of 4
Tutor

As far as I know, they do this because the email they provide is actually repackaged Yahoo mail. You don't have to use the Yahoo portal to use the email. Just get the instructions for setting up whatever client you prefer, and use that instead.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues, we are here to chat!

Additional Support