Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Feb 14, 2012
7:17:30 PM
View profile
Yahoo!

When I signed up for at&t, I never intended to sign up for yahoo! which I find to be a very politically biased website.  How can I disassociate myself from yahoo while still being an at&t subscriber?  If I have to dump at&t, I will.

When I signed up for at&t, I never intended to sign up for yahoo! which I find to be a very politically biased website.  How can I disassociate myself from yahoo while still being an at&t subscriber?  If I have to dump at&t, I will.

Yahoo!

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 26, 2012 8:50:45 AM
(0)
Contributor
fwiener, interesting that you did not receive a response from the "att community" - makes one wonder how useful is the community. I am a new u-verse subscriber; just noticed that ATT has put Yahoo on my "right click" SEND TO shortcut (Win XP). I am not pleased when an entity to which I subscribe takes advantage of my system settings. Wonder what else they have tinkered with? Bill
fwiener, interesting that you did not receive a response from the "att community" - makes one wonder how useful is the community. I am a new u-verse subscriber; just noticed that ATT has put Yahoo on my "right click" SEND TO shortcut (Win XP). I am not pleased when an entity to which I subscribe takes advantage of my system settings. Wonder what else they have tinkered with? Bill

Re: Yahoo!

2 of 4 (161 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 26, 2012 10:18:28 AM
(0)
Contributor
Successfully reset "right-cliick" SEND TO to delete Yahoo and return to the setting prior to installing U-verse. To do so: click START button, then select CONTROL PANEL; change to Classic View, open TASKBAR and START MENU. Select the Start Menu TAB then select the Start Menu check box. Click CUSTOMIZE. Go to Show on Start Menu. Drop down to the email program drop-box. In my case, att.net was shown as the email program. Open the drop box and chose the program you want to use with SEND TO. Good luck.
Successfully reset "right-cliick" SEND TO to delete Yahoo and return to the setting prior to installing U-verse. To do so: click START button, then select CONTROL PANEL; change to Classic View, open TASKBAR and START MENU. Select the Start Menu TAB then select the Start Menu check box. Click CUSTOMIZE. Go to Show on Start Menu. Drop down to the email program drop-box. In my case, att.net was shown as the email program. Open the drop box and chose the program you want to use with SEND TO. Good luck.

3 of 4 (157 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2012 2:28:31 PM
(0)
Tutor

As far as I know, they do this because the email they provide is actually repackaged Yahoo mail. You don't have to use the Yahoo portal to use the email. Just get the instructions for setting up whatever client you prefer, and use that instead.

As far as I know, they do this because the email they provide is actually repackaged Yahoo mail. You don't have to use the Yahoo portal to use the email. Just get the instructions for setting up whatever client you prefer, and use that instead.

4 of 4 (143 Views)