Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jan 21, 2012
3:03:39 PM
View profile
Worst Customer Service EVER - thinking about changing providers

Long story short:

We had AT&T DSL, Home Phone and Dish for three years. We have been customers since it was Cingular.

My husband asked me to set billing to paperless and auto-pay since the beginning. 

In July 2011 we changed to Uverse: phone, TV and internet. Plus we added 3 Wireless Phones lines.

I don't pay the bills, but dh does. His fault, but he did not look at bills when they came in and they were automatically paid. He asked me why the bills were so high. 

I checked into it, and it appears that AT&T was charging me for BOTH the OLD and the NEW service for 3 months. I immediately stopped all paperless billing and auto-pay services.

Once I contacted AT&T about their error, they told me I needed to contact DISH about my refund from them, but that they would refund the 3 months of payments for service that I didn't have with them.

Fine. I called Dish. They asked me if the service rep from A&T that installed the UVerse told me that I had to contact Dish to cancel the service. I told them that I ASKED the installer, and he told me there is nothing else for me to do. He told me that the equipment from Dish was mine. Hmmm. Odd, but ok. I did order through AT&T as a bundled package initially so I just went about my way and believe him. That is when Dish told me that AT&T was supposed to tell me that I needed to contact Dish and have them disconnect. And that they would not refund the $ that it was AT&T responsibility. They even told me that they have a whole dispute resolution dept set up for AT&T and Dish for this exact same reason. AT&T reps are not telling customers that they have to contact Dish.

Fine. I called AT&T again. And again, and again. What month is this? Yup, it's been 6 months, and AT&T still has not refunded my $438.98 that they owe me.

I have called them at least 8 times, and spoken to supervisor after supervisor. Have been promised a refund,  a call back, and even that notes have been written on my account. Not so. 

Just yesterday I was FINALLY able to chat online with someone, but unfortunately he was the tech support from Uverse and can't help me with home phone billing, DSL and Dish billing. He told me the number to call:  800 288 2020 TODAY, Saturday, and that they can help me. Well, it's the same number I have been calling for months. Well, when I get ready to call them, the VM states they are closed on Saturday. The tech just out right lied. I should have just checked the Contact Us page here, to see when they are open. 

Also, I want to stop the combined billing, and can't seem to locate how to do that online. I sure was able to sign up for it online, but seems stopping it is not so easy. I am tired of calling AT&T lousy customer service. I have spent HOURS trying to resolve this, and it’s not getting me anywhere!!

I work online for a big company [live chat and live call] and I am appalled at the lack of customer service and follow through from AT&T. 

In case you missed it. They owe me:  $438.98 since July 2011. I have Uverse TV, Internet, Phone and Wireless with them. Do you think they would have a problem if I didn't pay them for 6 months!?!

Long story short:

We had AT&T DSL, Home Phone and Dish for three years. We have been customers since it was Cingular.

My husband asked me to set billing to paperless and auto-pay since the beginning. 

In July 2011 we changed to Uverse: phone, TV and internet. Plus we added 3 Wireless Phones lines.

I don't pay the bills, but dh does. His fault, but he did not look at bills when they came in and they were automatically paid. He asked me why the bills were so high. 

I checked into it, and it appears that AT&T was charging me for BOTH the OLD and the NEW service for 3 months. I immediately stopped all paperless billing and auto-pay services.

Once I contacted AT&T about their error, they told me I needed to contact DISH about my refund from them, but that they would refund the 3 months of payments for service that I didn't have with them.

Fine. I called Dish. They asked me if the service rep from A&T that installed the UVerse told me that I had to contact Dish to cancel the service. I told them that I ASKED the installer, and he told me there is nothing else for me to do. He told me that the equipment from Dish was mine. Hmmm. Odd, but ok. I did order through AT&T as a bundled package initially so I just went about my way and believe him. That is when Dish told me that AT&T was supposed to tell me that I needed to contact Dish and have them disconnect. And that they would not refund the $ that it was AT&T responsibility. They even told me that they have a whole dispute resolution dept set up for AT&T and Dish for this exact same reason. AT&T reps are not telling customers that they have to contact Dish.

Fine. I called AT&T again. And again, and again. What month is this? Yup, it's been 6 months, and AT&T still has not refunded my $438.98 that they owe me.

I have called them at least 8 times, and spoken to supervisor after supervisor. Have been promised a refund,  a call back, and even that notes have been written on my account. Not so. 

Just yesterday I was FINALLY able to chat online with someone, but unfortunately he was the tech support from Uverse and can't help me with home phone billing, DSL and Dish billing. He told me the number to call:  800 288 2020 TODAY, Saturday, and that they can help me. Well, it's the same number I have been calling for months. Well, when I get ready to call them, the VM states they are closed on Saturday. The tech just out right lied. I should have just checked the Contact Us page here, to see when they are open. 

Also, I want to stop the combined billing, and can't seem to locate how to do that online. I sure was able to sign up for it online, but seems stopping it is not so easy. I am tired of calling AT&T lousy customer service. I have spent HOURS trying to resolve this, and it’s not getting me anywhere!!

I work online for a big company [live chat and live call] and I am appalled at the lack of customer service and follow through from AT&T. 

In case you missed it. They owe me:  $438.98 since July 2011. I have Uverse TV, Internet, Phone and Wireless with them. Do you think they would have a problem if I didn't pay them for 6 months!?!

Worst Customer Service EVER - thinking about changing providers

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2012 9:43:14 PM
(0)
Expert

Try contacting Alex, one of the AT&T Community Managers for further assistance.

Try contacting Alex, one of the AT&T Community Managers for further assistance.

Re: Worst Customer Service EVER - thinking about changing providers

2 of 5 (300 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2012 8:18:41 AM
(0)
Contributor

We are having problems with our bill being different every month and we do not have long distance with them.  I cannot understand with all of the complaints on here why they don't improve.  I am beginning to think they are playing dumb on purpose while they sit back and collect out money.  They don't care about their customers apparently!  hang in there!

We are having problems with our bill being different every month and we do not have long distance with them.  I cannot understand with all of the complaints on here why they don't improve.  I am beginning to think they are playing dumb on purpose while they sit back and collect out money.  They don't care about their customers apparently!  hang in there!

3 of 5 (286 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2012 10:47:36 AM
(0)
Expert

You should also contact Alex (see my reply in your other post).

deejoe wrote:

You should also contact Alex (see my reply in your other post).

deejoe wrote:

4 of 5 (280 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2012 9:47:16 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Thank you @spd2demun!

@deejoe & @MorganLee - Please see the response to your previous posts for help and check your Private Messages for updates.  Closing this thread for now to keep it relevant.

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Thank you @spd2demun!

@deejoe & @MorganLee - Please see the response to your previous posts for help and check your Private Messages for updates.  Closing this thread for now to keep it relevant.

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 5 (262 Views)