Worldnet Discontinuation

Contributor

Worldnet Discontinuation

I have received the Action Required! Discontinuation of AT&T Worldnet Service email. I was originally an AT&T Worldnet dialup customer for years and then switched to AT&T DSL in Oct. 2008. I still have the MY.ATT.Net page but seldom look at it and I have email with Google and haven't used the ATT.Net email for years. From some of the verbage in the worldnet discontinuation email, and also on this message board, I get the impression that maybe after March 31st, I will no longer have DSL internet access. Is this the case, or is it just that I will no longer be able to use the worldnet email, but will still be able to access the internet through my AT&T DSL connection? I called the 1-888 number on my AT&T bill listed with the DSL internet charge portion of the bill, and asked him and he said he didn't know what Worldnet was doing but that Worldnet and DSL were separate, and I would still have my DSL internet connection after March 31st. By the way, I'm located near Baton Rouge, LA. I don't have any webpages and don't have any email that I need to migrate. Will I still have my AT&T DSL internet access connection after March 31st, if I just ignore all this migration hassle? Pat
Message 1 of 7 (352 Views)
Teacher

Re: Worldnet Discontinuation

Hi Pat, Since I doubt that ATT will give you any information, it's my opinion that you will still have DSL service in Baton Rouge,LA. Try going to att.com and see if you can shop for DSL in your zip code. If it says DSL is available, then you are probably okay. If you were in the northeast, such as NJ, you would be disconnected without notice as part of the email migration. Rich.
Message 2 of 7 (352 Views)
Contributor

Hi Rich, I checked for DSL availability for my zip code and it is available. I have since communicated thru "online help chat" with my ATT DSL provider and they also assured me that I would not lose my DSL internet service after March 31st. Guess I'll find out if it was an April Fool's joke on April 1st. Thanks for the reply. Pat
Message 3 of 7 (352 Views)
Employee

Hi Pat45!

Your current AT&T HSI/DSL service is not affected by this recent change in the Worldnet service. AT&T DSL internet is entirely independent from Worldnet. If you're not using your old Worldnet email address associated with your old Worldnet Dial Up service, then you don't have to follow the instructions provided in the Worldnet Discontinuation alert.

You will continue to receive internet access thru the AT&T DSL service. Nothing will change.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7 (352 Views)
Contributor

I've been a Worldnet.att.net dial-up customer for over ten years, and while I don't mind evolving to improve services and such, the migration of the Worldnet.att.net email and ISP accounts has been a nightmare. I worked on my account yesterday from 2:30 PM CST to midnight. And it still doesn't work. What a disaster! I was able to get the new AT&T Yahoo email account set up and the unread emails were moved over. However, I was having to access that account using my old Worldnet ISP logon because the att.net ISP logon could not get past the username and password verification step of the dialup. Not sure what's going on. This morning, I tried to dial in to check to see if the new account was active yet. Nope! And not only can I NOT access my email account or the internet using the new att.net ISP logon, my old Worldnet ISP logon no longer works either. So now I'm totally hosed! I'm still at my work because I'm on hold with Worldnet support (this is my second on hold call of today). I was on hold for 2 hours and 15 minutes the first time. I've now been on hold a second time, this time for 31 minutes. At some point, I suppose I'll just have to kiss all those old, unread Worldnet emails goodbye because I can't access the new att.net email account via either the old Worldnet access nor the new AT&T Yahoo access. Very disappointing.
Message 5 of 7 (352 Views)
Guru

try to login at att.net using the complete AT&T email ID (id@att.net) and password.

if you migrated your old worldnet email ID to powered by Yahoo! portal, then you should also login at att.net to access the old worldnet account. again, include @att.net on the login.

Message 6 of 7 (352 Views)
Contributor

But the passwords don't work.
Message 7 of 7 (352 Views)