Wireless Router and Sierra Wireless Lightning

Contributor

Wireless Router and Sierra Wireless Lightning

How do you get the USB Connect Lightning to automatically connect to the internet when you plug it into a wireless router (cradlepoint CTR35)?  I've tried changing the hardware setting on the AT&T device connection options to automatic and on the wireless router both.  Neither have worked for the wireless router, just when I plug direct into laptop.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 2 (905 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: Wireless Router and Sierra Wireless Lightning

strick360 wrote:

How do you get the USB Connect Lightning to automatically connect to the internet when you plug it into a wireless router (cradlepoint CTR35)?  I've tried changing the hardware setting on the AT&T device connection options to automatic and on the wireless router both.  Neither have worked for the wireless router, just when I plug direct into laptop.  Thanks in advance for your help.

The connection should be pretty much plug and play.  Unless you have the modem programmed to require a password or something, it should just connect. 

You might need to do a hard reset to return the settings to default.  Instructions can be found here:  

http://www.wirelessnwifi.com/Resetting-Your-Router

If that doesn't get you any joy, contact whomever you bought the router from.

HTH 

Message 2 of 2 (838 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.