Will canceling my DSL kill my email?

Tutor

Will canceling my DSL kill my email?

Hi, i'm about to cancel my ATT DSL. it's torturously slow in my area and U-Verse is not available and who knows if it ever will be. Now that ATT mail goes through Yahoo, I'm wondering if my email service will stay intact (since yahoo mail is free), or stop working when i cancel my ATT DSL?

Message 1 of 2 (737 Views)
Employee

Re: Will canceling my DSL kill my email?

Hello kcopen,

I truly appreciate that you took your valuable time to let us know that you are experiencing  slow speed issue  with your AT&T Internet services  and please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

I would like to inform you that the speed of  the connection depends on many factors like heavy Internet usage or Internet traffic. If there is heavy Internet traffic, the speed will drop accordingly. When the Internet usage is low (during off peak hours) the speed will increase. It will never stay at the maximum value.the speed will automatically get distributed.

However, as you already tried to isolate the router and checked the speed and find no change. Please try the steps mentioned below:

1. Check your computer

Reboot by turning your computer and modem/router off and then back on again. Simply rebooting solves most connection problems.

2. Check your web browser

Clear the cache (temporary Internet files) in your web browser.
          * Clear the cookies in your web browser.

3. Check your connection

Make sure DSL line filters have been installed for all devices using the phone line.
Measure your connection speed at our speed test site.  Want more speed? Upgrade to a faster Internet connection package.

After trying all the above troubleshooting steps,
If still the slow speed issue persist, I would suggest you to contact the AT&T voice technical help desk at 1-877-722-3755 (open 24/7) and troubleshoot accordingly of their recommendation. If require they will run a line test on your AT&T DSL line and help help you accordingly.

I would also like to explain that if you cancel your AT&T Internet services you will be able to use your AT&T yahoo! email account as free yahoo account. In order to get more information about the same, please contact AT&T voice technical help desk.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (737 Views)