Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted May 10, 2012
9:33:40 AM
View profile
WiFi latency and throughput issues with new 3600HGV 2Wire home gateway

I just got a new 2Wire 3600HGV as we were moved from DSL to u-verse internet. On wired connections the latency and through is fine (approx 30ms ping times).

However, when connected via WiFi, the latency times are attrocious - it varies, but at times the connection is unusable, with page loads timing out and sections of a page not loading. For ping times I'm talking about 2 out of 5 or more timing out, and response times like 400ms, and even up to 1300ms (not sure how slow it has to be before it does actually time out).

I've tried repositioning the router. It's not the location that's the issue though as I get the same issue if I put my laptop right beside the router. I've tried different channels and we're not overlapping with any neighbors wifi.

Does anyone else have wifi issues with this router? We were previously using a Linksys WRT54 and I'm thinking about putting that back in bridge mode with the 2wire, if that's a option, since we didn't have issue like this with the Linksys.

Thanks.

I just got a new 2Wire 3600HGV as we were moved from DSL to u-verse internet. On wired connections the latency and through is fine (approx 30ms ping times).

However, when connected via WiFi, the latency times are attrocious - it varies, but at times the connection is unusable, with page loads timing out and sections of a page not loading. For ping times I'm talking about 2 out of 5 or more timing out, and response times like 400ms, and even up to 1300ms (not sure how slow it has to be before it does actually time out).

I've tried repositioning the router. It's not the location that's the issue though as I get the same issue if I put my laptop right beside the router. I've tried different channels and we're not overlapping with any neighbors wifi.

Does anyone else have wifi issues with this router? We were previously using a Linksys WRT54 and I'm thinking about putting that back in bridge mode with the 2wire, if that's a option, since we didn't have issue like this with the Linksys.

Thanks.

WiFi latency and throughput issues with new 3600HGV 2Wire home gateway

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2012 6:17:16 AM
(0)
Teacher

i get this too. At&t is trash.

i get this too. At&t is trash.

Re: WiFi latency and throughput issues with new 3600HGV 2Wire home gateway

2 of 3 (587 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 25, 2012 12:07:49 PM
(0)
Contributor

I turned off the wifi on the 2wire and attached a Linksys n router instead which works so much better than the 2wire which is junk. The last straw was after a couple of weeks of limping along, the range of the signal stopped reaching downstairs in the house. Upstairs ok, but no signal downstairs. The box hadn't been moved, nothing else changed, the signal just stopped reaching downstairs for some reason.

I turned off the wifi on the 2wire and attached a Linksys n router instead which works so much better than the 2wire which is junk. The last straw was after a couple of weeks of limping along, the range of the signal stopped reaching downstairs in the house. Upstairs ok, but no signal downstairs. The box hadn't been moved, nothing else changed, the signal just stopped reaching downstairs for some reason.

Re: WiFi latency and throughput issues with new 3600HGV 2Wire home gateway

3 of 3 (578 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments