Helpful Links

Why don't they document what they promise!

Contributor

Why don't they document what they promise!

Originally, I started out with a phone line and DSL.  Although the landlines was pretty much useless because there was always so much static I kept this setup for over a year.  I finally decided to drop the phone line and go strictly with DSL  at the end of 2010.  I was promised $19.95 for 12 months for AT&T HSI Express, but it would take 2 months to reflect the discounted price.   When I received my 1/29/11 bill it was still $35.00 so I called and they said by the March bill it would be $19.95 and show a credit for the previous months.  My bill due 3/24/11 Don said he would give me a $60 credit but it would take a couple of months to show up as $199.95 because the discount was not entered correctly. My bill due 4/21/11 nothing had changed, there was no credit, and I was again insured the problem would be fixed.  My bill due 5/23/11 I spoke to Madeline who said to void the bill, no payment would be due, and I had a credit of $61.11.  I didn't pay anything but my bill due 6/23/11 again was $35 instead of $19.95.  This month Chaz talked me into paying $19.95, to call back next month if the service was not billed at $19.95. When I got my bill due 7/25/11 it showed the $19.95 payment but now a past due amount of $16.71.  I called and spoke to Danielle who apologized for all the billing issues.  She convinced me it would be better to just go the U-verse route.  I would start with a new account, she would zero out my balance, and offered me $19.95 for 12 months for a lot faster connection.  I received 2 more bills for this account, one with a $2.99 credit and the other with a $17.16 credit.  It was several months before I finally received a bill for the new account and by then it was $65.94.  I was however happy to see that I was billed $21.50 instead of $43.00 a month for AT&T U-verse Internet Elite.  Of course that all ended when I got a notice that the Promotional Offer expired on 1/21/12.  Here I am again on the phone calling billing.  They say the promotion was only for 6 months and the best they can do is give me a $10 discount for 12 months.  I wasn't happy with that response so I tried the Live Chat option.  Live Chat just referred me back to the 800 number and this is when I decided to come to the forum.  I am just so frustrated and sick of calling every month, only to hear "next month" things will be fixed.  Now an offer of 12 months has been whittled down to 6 months.  I am really surprised that a simple issue can't be resolved in less than six months.  As I said, from day one my landline was useless and that issue was never resolved but a billing issue that can't be resolved is unacceptable!.  I feel I have been more than patient and understanding...

[edited for privacy]

Message 1 of 6

Re: Why don't they document what they promise!

Send a message to Alex, he can put you in touch with the proper people to finally resolve your issues.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Message 2 of 6
Contributor

"I  was promised $19.95 for 12 months for AT&T HSI Express, but it would take 2 months to reflect the discounted price."

Oh my gosh! This exact same thing is why I'm here!!! 

I have been a loyal customer at least 8 years. We have internet, wireless (two phones), and our landline with AT&T. 

I am so frustrated with AT&T right now that I want to scream or cry or both! It seems like the last two years have been nothing but a comedy of errors with our internet access. Urgh!!!

Message 3 of 6
Contributor

Did you ever get your issues resolved? I haven't and I'm sick of calling and getting the runaround.

Message 4 of 6
Community Manager

Thank you @Computer-Joe!

@HeatherinWI - I'm sorry about the billing trouble.  Please use the information referenced below to contact me since this is account specific.  We'll get you in touch with someone that can help.

working4peanuts wrote:

Originally, I started out with a phone line and DSL.  Although the landlines was pretty much useless because there was always so much static I kept this setup for over a year.  I finally decided to drop the phone line and go strictly with DSL  at the end of 2010.  I was promised $19.95 for 12 months for AT&T HSI Express, but it would take 2 months to reflect the discounted price.   When I received my 1/29/11 bill it was still $35.00 so I called and they said by the March bill it would be $19.95 and show a credit for the previous months.  My bill due 3/24/11 Don said he would give me a $60 credit but it would take a couple of months to show up as $199.95 because the discount was not entered correctly. My bill due 4/21/11 nothing had changed, there was no credit, and I was again insured the problem would be fixed.  My bill due 5/23/11 I spoke to Madeline who said to void the bill, no payment would be due, and I had a credit of $61.11.  I didn't pay anything but my bill due 6/23/11 again was $35 instead of $19.95.  This month Chaz talked me into paying $19.95, to call back next month if the service was not billed at $19.95. When I got my bill due 7/25/11 it showed the $19.95 payment but now a past due amount of $16.71.  I called and spoke to Danielle who apologized for all the billing issues.  She convinced me it would be better to just go the U-verse route.  I would start with a new account, she would zero out my balance, and offered me $19.95 for 12 months for a lot faster connection.  I received 2 more bills for this account, one with a $2.99 credit and the other with a $17.16 credit.  It was several months before I finally received a bill for the new account and by then it was $65.94.  I was however happy to see that I was billed $21.50 instead of $43.00 a month for AT&T U-verse Internet Elite.  Of course that all ended when I got a notice that the Promotional Offer expired on 1/21/12.  Here I am again on the phone calling billing.  They say the promotion was only for 6 months and the best they can do is give me a $10 discount for 12 months.  I wasn't happy with that response so I tried the Live Chat option.  Live Chat just referred me back to the 800 number and this is when I decided to come to the forum.  I am just so frustrated and sick of calling every month, only to hear "next month" things will be fixed.  Now an offer of 12 months has been whittled down to 6 months.  I am really surprised that a simple issue can't be resolved in less than six months.  As I said, from day one my landline was useless and that issue was never resolved but a billing issue that can't be resolved is unacceptable!.  I feel I have been more than patient and understanding...

[edited for privacy]

Welcome and thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I received your Private Message and replied with the information needed since this is account specific. Please check your Private Message inbox (blue envelope, top-right) for an update.  We'll get you in touch with the group that can help.

Regards,
Alex

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help others find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution".
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Contributor

Half yes, half no. 

This is the e-mail I received: 

--------------------------------------

Thank you for your email regarding the $19.95 rate you were offered. I apologize that you are not receiving the rate you were advised you would receive. I will be happy to assist you with your inquiry.

The promotional rate you are referring to is an introductory offer for new HSI customers. Since you already have HSI service, I am unable to add that promotion to your account in my office. If you would like to discuss this further or inquire about other offers that are available for existing customers, I encourage you to contact our Customer Relations Center at 1-800-656-7190. Their hours of operation are from Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CT). I apologize that I am unable to help you directly with your inquiry.

I have processed an adjustment in the amount of $70.44 for the past three months of charges at the standard rate. This adjustment will appear on your bill within one to two billing cycles. You currently have a $70.44 credit balance on your account.

Thank you for using AT&T. We appreciate your business and continued loyalty.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so mad! I am glad for the $70.44 credit, but it looks like that's all they're willing to do.  That isn't what I was promised on the phone and it took several phone calls to even get that deal!

To make matters worse,  after I registered and posted here, my Yahoo account was hacked and spam is being sent to everyone on my contacts list. I don't know how. I never click on wonky links, visit questionable sites, etc. From hitting "full headers" and looking up the IP from my sent mail file on WHOIS, the hack is coming from Amsterdam!?!?!  My AT&T account and Yahoo account are linked.  I spent hours and hours going in circles attempting to change my Yahoo password. It would only change my AT&T password every.single.time. 

I spent over an hour on the phone today with an AT&T representative. The only solution she could give is that they will have to send a technician out to physically disconnect my AT&T account. Wait three days. Send another technician to physically start a new accout. This makes no sense whatsover to me! 

I am so frustrated right now!!!! I've been an AT&T customer since 2005. I have home phone, internet, and wireless through AT&T. My monthly bill is close to $290 ever month and  I seriously feel like AT&T hates me!

PS. Alex, I'll message you right after this.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues, we are here to chat!

Additional Support