Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jun 17, 2012
2:11:12 PM
When will my internet be fixed???? Based on past performance I'd say NEVER!!!!!!!!!!
I have been a loyal ATT customer for many, many years.  In the last two years we have had terrible internet connection issues, with outages as high as 864 times in a 24 hour period.  The telephone tech support can see a problem on the line and sometimes they re-sync the line and it will work for a few hours, sometimes they send out a tech.  At best we get a couple of hours on a very rare occasion a couple of days without constant outages.  Earlier this week, the tech basically told me it was my problem either upgrade to uverse which is a whopping 768 kbps (we current have 3mb), or deal with it because he can't fix it.
Connection drops of this magnitude is not service!!!!!  It is a joke, and if it can't be fixed I want my bill reduced.  It is out at least a third of the time. Trying to take college classes and even pay bills is virtually impossible with a connection that drops 2-3 times every five minutes and we have to sit here and wait for the modem to cycle through and then log on again only to have the service drop again!
I expect this issue to be addressed, any responsible company would have fixed the problem.  If it is not addressed I will continue to contact ATT and may even pursue the news channels in Detroit, (our nearest large city).  Ruth to the Rescue would have a field day with this story and put a camera on the red light on my modem for all to see how ridiculous the service is!!!!!

I have been a loyal ATT customer for many, many years.  In the last two years we have had terrible internet connection issues, with outages as high as 864 times in a 24 hour period.  The telephone tech support can see a problem on the line and sometimes they re-sync the line and it will work for a few hours, sometimes they send out a tech.  At best we get a couple of hours on a very rare occasion a couple of days without constant outages.  Earlier this week, the tech basically told me it was my problem either upgrade to uverse which is a whopping 768 kbps (we current have 3mb), or deal with it because he can't fix it.
Connection drops of this magnitude is not service!!!!!  It is a joke, and if it can't be fixed I want my bill reduced.  It is out at least a third of the time. Trying to take college classes and even pay bills is virtually impossible with a connection that drops 2-3 times every five minutes and we have to sit here and wait for the modem to cycle through and then log on again only to have the service drop again!
I expect this issue to be addressed, any responsible company would have fixed the problem.  If it is not addressed I will continue to contact ATT and may even pursue the news channels in Detroit, (our nearest large city).  Ruth to the Rescue would have a field day with this story and put a camera on the red light on my modem for all to see how ridiculous the service is!!!!!

When will my internet be fixed???? Based on past performance I'd say NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2012 12:08:31 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I'm sorry you've had such difficulty with your DSL service. I would be really frustrated with that too. 

Will you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you?

Let's see if there's anything we can do to help out in addition to what the techs have already done. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

I'm sorry you've had such difficulty with your DSL service. I would be really frustrated with that too. 

Will you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you?

Let's see if there's anything we can do to help out in addition to what the techs have already done. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: When will my internet be fixed???? Based on past performance I'd say NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

2 of 4 (380 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2012 6:46:27 PM
(0)
Mentor
I also have internet outages frequently. Internet cuts off every 15 minutes. Talked to like 5 technical support people over the phone. Had 3 technicians come out and it ends up being fixed for 2 hours and starts cutting off again. Tired of paying for internet that doesn't even work. Please do something about this.
I also have internet outages frequently. Internet cuts off every 15 minutes. Talked to like 5 technical support people over the phone. Had 3 technicians come out and it ends up being fixed for 2 hours and starts cutting off again. Tired of paying for internet that doesn't even work. Please do something about this.

Re: When will my internet be fixed???? Based on past performance I'd say NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

3 of 4 (325 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2012 6:22:03 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I'm sorry you're also having issues with your internet service. 

Have the support folks or the technicians given any indication of what might be causing this issue?

I'd be happy to have someone give you a call. Please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you and I'll set that up.

--------------

I'm sorry you're also having issues with your internet service. 

Have the support folks or the technicians given any indication of what might be causing this issue?

I'd be happy to have someone give you a call. Please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you and I'll set that up.

--------------

4 of 4 (316 Views)