Ask a question

Posted Apr 1, 2010
    12:09:00 PM
    View profile
    What's going on with DSL service and customer support NOT SUPPORTING ITS CUSTOMERS
    (Sacramento,CA) I was suppose to get my DSL activeted on march 21st. IT wasn't. I called the next day and how hard is it just to get to a representative. The call sometimes would be disconnected. Lol how can a call be disconnected on your own telephone service. Anyways, I finally get access and they asked if all the wires were connected and yes everything was connected ok except the DSL light was flashing red. They said the DSL was activated and to try again call back if the problem consists. i call again later in the day and i stated " are you sure my DSL is activated." they then transfered me to tech. support and after explaining everything was connected ok, the representative said it wasn't activated and someone was suppose to come and activated through the phone lines. So after all the hours spent connecting to every phone line, restarting the modem, and everything else you can do i did for nothing lol. So the representative arranges a tech to come to my house on march 30th to activate lines for the DSL. No one shows up. Next day call again. Why didn't anybody show up. "We're sorry.... You'll be the second house to be seen right away so your next." This was in the morning. Afternoon approches. I call back. " For sure this time, we're sorry. I don't know why they are doing this," no one showed up. and that brings me to today. Still no DSL. once again i've been told today for sure. We'll see. I want a refund but that will take long to receive back so i guess i have to go through the flakyness once more. If ATT would of charged for visit, Oh yes we'll be there right away. That's sad..........

What's going on with DSL service and customer support NOT SUPPORTING ITS CUSTOMERS

7 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (7)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 1, 2010 3:55:40 PM
    (0)
    AT&T Internet Expert

Hello dgar87,

I am sorry that you had to go through this unpleasant experience. I appreciate the admirable restraint you exercised in your message. My sincere apologies for the time you have spent dealing with this issue.

Ideally, the services should be activated on the same activation date provided by AT&T and engineer should visit on the same day. However, if the engineer did not visited at your home on the same date, please, contact AT&T order department. They would be able to let you know the reason of delay.

For assistance with your query about the engineer visit and your AT&T account activation we have help available at 1-877-722-3755 between 7 am and 9 pm, Monday through Friday, and 8 am to 5 pm on Saturday.

AT&T Yahoo! considers Member feedback important, it is valuable to us in improving our performance and we have established a web-page exclusively designed to receive your valuable feedback. Please submit your feedback to: http://support.att.com/emailus.

I regret all the uncertainty you have experienced. Please feel free to reply to the post if you have any further questions.

Re: What's going on with DSL service and customer support NOT SUPPORTING ITS CUSTOMERS

2 of 8 (914 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 2, 2010 9:08:46 AM
    (0)
    Tutor
    yeah. I had the same problem. Phone/internet should have been activated for me on a Friday. Internet was not activated until Monday. They could not figure that out on the phone at first so I spent a lot of wasted time with phone support. They even started a trouble ticket for it. They just lag, and don't activate the service on the day the say they will. Since being a new returning customer now. Support quality has gone down the tubes.

Re: What's going on with DSL service and customer support NOT SUPPORTING ITS CUSTOMERS

3 of 8 (914 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 11, 2010 8:00:40 AM
    (0)
    Tutor

Normally, I wouldn't have paid much attention to this, but ATT has already cost me three work days while I sit around waiting for a technician to call to say that they are on the way (or aren't for that matter), and since I've been an ATT internet customer on and off for the last 15 years [Edit per Community Guidelines]

4 of 8 (914 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 12, 2010 4:24:08 AM
    (0)
    AT&T Internet Expert
    Hello wjbass, I share your concerns and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Please, contact AT&T order department, they would be able to let you know the reason of the delay for the engineer's visit. To contact AT&T order department, we have help available at 1-877-722-3755 between 7 am and 9 pm, Monday through Friday, and 8 am to 5 pm on Saturday. I regret all the uncertainty you have experienced. Please feel free to reply to the post if you have any further questions.

5 of 8 (914 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 15, 2010 6:16:21 AM
    (0)
    Contributor
    I am trying to get a DSL line repaired before the squirrels chew threw it. It took me 2 hours of my AT&T Wireless minutes, 6 phone numbers with multiple "run a round" answers and they still want to charge me for a repair call. Well, I am going to fix it myself, and hope for the best. Who can bill for this service at AT&T? I am really starting to regret changing from Comcast to AT&T. There really is no "Value Add" to having AT&T over Comcast. They don't offer space for a personal web site (AT&T Yahoo doesn't count, I had a personal Yahoo page BEFORE I was aver an AT&T DSL subscriber). Satisfied with the price, not so much with the service and support after the sale. I guess you get what you pay for.

6 of 8 (914 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 16, 2010 4:08:27 AM
    (0)
    AT&T Internet Expert

Hello lopicma,

I truly appreciate that you took your valuable time to let us know that you are experiencing issue with your AT&T DSL line and please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

If there is any problem with your AT&T DSL line, the AT&T technical department will help you resolving the issue and suggest you some troubleshooting steps, as per the issue and if require they will escalate it to AT&T Broadband Customer Care Assurance team. These technicians will run some additional tests to determine if someone needs to come out to your service location. If the problem is with AT&T DSL line and network, the service call is free. Otherwise, you'll need to pay for the engineer visit.

You can create a new Personal Web Page (PWP) and get web space. 
    There is an option to create a new PWP, you can order the AT&T Web Host services, please see att.com/webhosting for current product descriptions.

You may also contact our Web Hosting department at: 888-WEB-HOST (888-932-4678).

In order to get more information about the same it is recommended that you contact AT&T eChat support.

If you are in 'AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI', you may click on the following link to connect to a chat agent: https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnaire_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx

7 of 8 (914 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 21, 2010 7:41:17 PM
    (0)
    Moved post to make new thread.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
    in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

8 of 8 (914 Views)