Posted Jan 24, 2012
10:12:20 AM
View profile
What is the real internet price if you ordered online?

AT&T offers in its website a $19.95 (around $21.00 w/taxes) internet service without a phone line if you make you order online, which I did.

After the first two statements, the third one was up by $5.00 ($26 and change). I called and they apologized about it and after my and their explanation, told me that I should be transferred to cancellation dept because there was nothing they can do. Called again, a new apology but after a long talking, they gave me a credit for the next statement but I still had to pay the $26.

The forth statement was $21 again and guess what happened the next one, it came for $26

A new call, they apologized (again), gave me the credit and I was told that I will have to call EVERY month because the system does not allow them to do any correction!

So, if you hire a $19.95, they increase it to $24.95 and if you take the time to review you statements and call them, they apologize and give you a credit for the next statement but not for what you already pay, because of the system?

I had to explain them that I made my order online because, according to their website, is how you receive a reduced price for 12 month.

It seems like they offer a price but then move it up without previous notice. In order to get the website price you HAVE to call every month to get that price but what you overpaid is lost, that is like fooling you, isn't it?

AT&T offers in its website a $19.95 (around $21.00 w/taxes) internet service without a phone line if you make you order online, which I did.

After the first two statements, the third one was up by $5.00 ($26 and change). I called and they apologized about it and after my and their explanation, told me that I should be transferred to cancellation dept because there was nothing they can do. Called again, a new apology but after a long talking, they gave me a credit for the next statement but I still had to pay the $26.

The forth statement was $21 again and guess what happened the next one, it came for $26

A new call, they apologized (again), gave me the credit and I was told that I will have to call EVERY month because the system does not allow them to do any correction!

So, if you hire a $19.95, they increase it to $24.95 and if you take the time to review you statements and call them, they apologize and give you a credit for the next statement but not for what you already pay, because of the system?

I had to explain them that I made my order online because, according to their website, is how you receive a reduced price for 12 month.

It seems like they offer a price but then move it up without previous notice. In order to get the website price you HAVE to call every month to get that price but what you overpaid is lost, that is like fooling you, isn't it?

What is the real internet price if you ordered online?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2012 9:42:29 AM
(0)
Tutor

seems to be their SOP...in my experience as a "valued customer" :smileysad:

seems to be their SOP...in my experience as a "valued customer" :smileysad:

Re: What is the real internet price if you ordered online?

2 of 4 (459 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2012 11:21:08 AM
(0)
Tutor

Welcome to AT&T!!!!!

Welcome to AT&T!!!!!

3 of 4 (454 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2012 2:23:25 PM
(0)
Tutor

Similar experience here.  This seems so widespread that it definitely looks like ATT is running a massive fraud.  Contact your state Attorney General's office.  You can try the FCC too, but they are iffy.  In my experience, they forward your complaint to the company, accept whatever the company says, then tell you it's been resolved. 

Similar experience here.  This seems so widespread that it definitely looks like ATT is running a massive fraud.  Contact your state Attorney General's office.  You can try the FCC too, but they are iffy.  In my experience, they forward your complaint to the company, accept whatever the company says, then tell you it's been resolved. 

4 of 4 (392 Views)