What is the fee for early termination of DSL?

What is the fee for early termination of DSL?

First of all, let me say that my experiences with AT&T customer service have been absolutely enraging. The represenatives there seem to have been trained to be evasive and stonewall. :smileymad:

I signed up for "elite" DSL service. The agreement says nothing about a minimum term of service, but the customer service people now inform me that I have agreed to a minimum of one year. They were unwilling to tell me what the fee is for early termination. Does anyone here know what it is?

Message 1 of 8 (6,505 Views)

Re: What is the fee for early termination of DSL?

I think it is somwhere in the area of $150 but goes down depending on how long you have had the service. I hope this helps. My advice to you is to get service from verizon like I'm going to. They have good customer service and way cheaper prices!!

Message 2 of 8 (6,491 Views)

Does anyone have an email address where I can ask customer service this question? I must say that AT&T has absolutely the least useful website I've ever seen. I would like to be able to ask a question without waiting on hold for 20 minutes and then getting abused by an unhelpful, manipulative service rep.

Message 3 of 8 (6,485 Views)
Contributor

I feel your pain. I am so angry with AT&T but stuck because of early termination. I tried talking to their people but got the "I don't care" attitude from everyone. I went to their website to right a "strongly worded letter" but don't have anyone to send it to. But I will have the last laugh in two years. . .

Message 4 of 8 (6,474 Views)

Unfortunately, you have to find the one good apple in the whole spoiled bunch that will actually tell you like I did. you should only be locked in for 1 year and they subtract every month  you have had internet  service from the $150 early termination fee!

Message 5 of 8 (6,462 Views)
Contributor

Why was I then charged an early termination of 150 when  I did not terminate (I was cut off because of an billing error) Way over a year.......internet service..they put me immediately on 19.99 plan I(which I am being billed 40 plus 150 now...Incredible..I never signed a new contract at all so can I terminate this whole fiasco????

Message 6 of 8 (6,442 Views)
g3m
Contributor

I called AT&T to transfer my dsl service to the new location I was moving to.  Apparently the agent said the new location didn't have AT&T coverage and was a Verizon territory.  So I asked them to disconnect my service effective Feb 1 because i had no choice.  The agent told me that I would be billed an early termination fee for doing that.  Can you imagine that!??   What kind of policies does AT&T have!??

Message 7 of 8 (5,806 Views)
g3m
Contributor

And not to mention I have been their DSL customer for 3 years now.  I asked why I was subject to a termination fee and they said it was because I was put on a 1 year promotional rate.  A few months ago, the agent who encouraged me to do that didn't mention anything about a 1 year contract.  Argggh!!!!

Message 8 of 8 (5,800 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.