Helpful Links

What is the fee for early termination of DSL?

What is the fee for early termination of DSL?

First of all, let me say that my experiences with AT&T customer service have been absolutely enraging. The represenatives there seem to have been trained to be evasive and stonewall. :smileymad:

I signed up for "elite" DSL service. The agreement says nothing about a minimum term of service, but the customer service people now inform me that I have agreed to a minimum of one year. They were unwilling to tell me what the fee is for early termination. Does anyone here know what it is?

Message 1 of 8

Re: What is the fee for early termination of DSL?

I think it is somwhere in the area of $150 but goes down depending on how long you have had the service. I hope this helps. My advice to you is to get service from verizon like I'm going to. They have good customer service and way cheaper prices!!

Message 2 of 8

Does anyone have an email address where I can ask customer service this question? I must say that AT&T has absolutely the least useful website I've ever seen. I would like to be able to ask a question without waiting on hold for 20 minutes and then getting abused by an unhelpful, manipulative service rep.

Message 3 of 8
Contributor

I feel your pain. I am so angry with AT&T but stuck because of early termination. I tried talking to their people but got the "I don't care" attitude from everyone. I went to their website to right a "strongly worded letter" but don't have anyone to send it to. But I will have the last laugh in two years. . .

Message 4 of 8

Unfortunately, you have to find the one good apple in the whole spoiled bunch that will actually tell you like I did. you should only be locked in for 1 year and they subtract every month  you have had internet  service from the $150 early termination fee!

Message 5 of 8
Contributor

Why was I then charged an early termination of 150 when  I did not terminate (I was cut off because of an billing error) Way over a year.......internet service..they put me immediately on 19.99 plan I(which I am being billed 40 plus 150 now...Incredible..I never signed a new contract at all so can I terminate this whole fiasco????

Message 6 of 8
g3m
Contributor

I called AT&T to transfer my dsl service to the new location I was moving to.  Apparently the agent said the new location didn't have AT&T coverage and was a Verizon territory.  So I asked them to disconnect my service effective Feb 1 because i had no choice.  The agent told me that I would be billed an early termination fee for doing that.  Can you imagine that!??   What kind of policies does AT&T have!??

Message 7 of 8
g3m
Contributor

And not to mention I have been their DSL customer for 3 years now.  I asked why I was subject to a termination fee and they said it was because I was put on a 1 year promotional rate.  A few months ago, the agent who encouraged me to do that didn't mention anything about a 1 year contract.  Argggh!!!!

Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support