Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Apr 11, 2011
9:32:07 PM
View profile
WOW Read you new TERMS email, what GREAT customer service...Limits on usuage...
Edited by pamelaz on Apr 11, 2011 at 9:46:55 PM

Just read the email about limits on internet usage. WOW! I usually watch a move at night and then I make my living sitting on the computer during the day and it looks like ATT wants me to pay them MORE money...

I just finished watching Archangel and [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].....

Bob

Just read the email about limits on internet usage. WOW! I usually watch a move at night and then I make my living sitting on the computer during the day and it looks like ATT wants me to pay them MORE money...

I just finished watching Archangel and [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].....

Bob

WOW Read you new TERMS email, what GREAT customer service...Limits on usuage...

[ Edited ]
8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2011 6:41:20 AM
(0)
Contributor

My biggest problem with the change in terms of service is the provision that AT&T can move DSL customers to U-Verse at AT&T's sole discretion if AT&T provides U-Verse services in the area.

I am a DSL customer for a reason: we used to have U-Verse and the service was terrible.  In the approximately 1 year that we had U-Verse, we had more service calls than I can count.  So when our term was up, we switched back to DSL and DirecTV and have had zero service calls since then.

Because of our location (urban, but relatively far from our central office), we were one of the last neighborhoods to get DSL when it was rolled out.  Now it looks like we're close enough to the CO for AT&T to provide U-Verse, but not to provide it well.

Please, please don't change me to U-Verse. 

My biggest problem with the change in terms of service is the provision that AT&T can move DSL customers to U-Verse at AT&T's sole discretion if AT&T provides U-Verse services in the area.

I am a DSL customer for a reason: we used to have U-Verse and the service was terrible.  In the approximately 1 year that we had U-Verse, we had more service calls than I can count.  So when our term was up, we switched back to DSL and DirecTV and have had zero service calls since then.

Because of our location (urban, but relatively far from our central office), we were one of the last neighborhoods to get DSL when it was rolled out.  Now it looks like we're close enough to the CO for AT&T to provide U-Verse, but not to provide it well.

Please, please don't change me to U-Verse. 

Re: WOW Read you new TERMS email, what GREAT customer service...Limits on usuage...

2 of 9 (928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2011 4:52:32 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am happy with my DSL.  I don't want UVerse even when it becomes available in my area.  Forcing customers to make these changes will result in losing those customers.  We know we can get DSL for $19.95 (or less) from other providers.  Guess it depends on whether AT&T appreciates our business or not. Are you listening ATT?

I am happy with my DSL.  I don't want UVerse even when it becomes available in my area.  Forcing customers to make these changes will result in losing those customers.  We know we can get DSL for $19.95 (or less) from other providers.  Guess it depends on whether AT&T appreciates our business or not. Are you listening ATT?

Re: WOW Read you new TERMS email, what GREAT customer service...Limits on usuage...

3 of 9 (859 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 6:48:36 AM
(0)
Contributor

I don't expect to go over the limit but it still stinks to have one. The first time they charge me for it will be the last time.

I don't expect to go over the limit but it still stinks to have one. The first time they charge me for it will be the last time.

4 of 9 (785 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 6:05:33 PM
(0)
Contributor

I can't believe that AT&T is taking us backward in time.  To the 1990's where we had to pay by the minute.  They keep rasing the monthly cost of DSL, so why now would they have to limit our access?  Probably because of poor long-term planning on their part.  They did not build enough infrastructure to handle all the future data needs of their customers.

I called the folks at Comcast, and they have no plans to ever start limiting internet usage.

Plus, I don't know how much data I use every month.  Are they going to let us know what our past usage was so we can figure out if it is even worth staying with them?

Scott

I can't believe that AT&T is taking us backward in time.  To the 1990's where we had to pay by the minute.  They keep rasing the monthly cost of DSL, so why now would they have to limit our access?  Probably because of poor long-term planning on their part.  They did not build enough infrastructure to handle all the future data needs of their customers.

I called the folks at Comcast, and they have no plans to ever start limiting internet usage.

Plus, I don't know how much data I use every month.  Are they going to let us know what our past usage was so we can figure out if it is even worth staying with them?

Scott

5 of 9 (761 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2011 4:37:59 AM
(0)
Tutor

They want to limit access so they can cut off their internet media competetors...i.e. netflix, VOIP, general cloud based competition for media (amazon and google).   Limititng how much of this you are able to do will force these companies into bad positions for internet $$$ because most people will have to think twice before downloading a movie, or making that phone call or cam chat via VOIP...all of which means more dollars for ATT because you will have to use their services instead.  The big boys(Amazon and Google) are going to have a lot to say about this.

They want to limit access so they can cut off their internet media competetors...i.e. netflix, VOIP, general cloud based competition for media (amazon and google).   Limititng how much of this you are able to do will force these companies into bad positions for internet $$$ because most people will have to think twice before downloading a movie, or making that phone call or cam chat via VOIP...all of which means more dollars for ATT because you will have to use their services instead.  The big boys(Amazon and Google) are going to have a lot to say about this.

6 of 9 (726 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2011 5:44:27 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hmm 

Ok ATT 

You have  made my decision easier.

its bad enough that you don't deliver on the bandwidth I pay for consistently (or hardy at all)

Never mind you treat your customers like M0r0ns

Im sooo glad you made me pay a deposit and my modem instead of giving me the promotional offer you advertise constantly.

(because now IM not under a year or two contract)

now you want to punish me?(I am that 2% I suppose)

Guess what Fiber is on its way (can see the wire truck at the end of the block already)

I pay for the highest package all ready  so I think for the $ I will be going to fiber for the 25/25G Package.

Obviously ATT has not learned a thing from their Past Mistakes

Hmm 

Ok ATT 

You have  made my decision easier.

its bad enough that you don't deliver on the bandwidth I pay for consistently (or hardy at all)

Never mind you treat your customers like M0r0ns

Im sooo glad you made me pay a deposit and my modem instead of giving me the promotional offer you advertise constantly.

(because now IM not under a year or two contract)

now you want to punish me?(I am that 2% I suppose)

Guess what Fiber is on its way (can see the wire truck at the end of the block already)

I pay for the highest package all ready  so I think for the $ I will be going to fiber for the 25/25G Package.

Obviously ATT has not learned a thing from their Past Mistakes

Re: WOW Read you new TERMS email, what GREAT customer service...Limits on usage...

7 of 9 (555 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2011 8:22:53 PM
(0)
Contributor
I have been with Att since 2003. I went to it to save money from cable Internet, and bundles were cheaper. Now I get an email saying you are going to charge me more money for a low level package, but you are getting a very large amount of money from me. I have a bundle of landline, mobile, and dish network. I have two iPhones, and above services. The mobile bill is $180 alone, and now you are going to set a limit on my dsl service. Why would you make dsl set at 150gig. That is supposed to be the low level service, and you are going to give those who have it the shaft. I would have purchased u-verse but you don't offer it in my neighborhood. The neighborhood west of me has it, but we can't, and it isnt coming soon. in conusion, I can use a bit of data. The first time you charge me an overage fee, it will be the last. You will lose about. $300 dollars a month. If I could offer a bit of advise to those that are making these decisions. THINK BEFORE YOU ACT! This may look good on Your balance sheet, but you will certainly alienate a large portion of you customer base. People don't really know how much data they really use. if you use netflix, play on x-box, etc. YOU USE A LARGE AMOUNT OF DATA. YOU WILL GET OVERAGES!!!! How you rethink this move before myself and a large portion of your customer based leaves you, on several levels.
I have been with Att since 2003. I went to it to save money from cable Internet, and bundles were cheaper. Now I get an email saying you are going to charge me more money for a low level package, but you are getting a very large amount of money from me. I have a bundle of landline, mobile, and dish network. I have two iPhones, and above services. The mobile bill is $180 alone, and now you are going to set a limit on my dsl service. Why would you make dsl set at 150gig. That is supposed to be the low level service, and you are going to give those who have it the shaft. I would have purchased u-verse but you don't offer it in my neighborhood. The neighborhood west of me has it, but we can't, and it isnt coming soon. in conusion, I can use a bit of data. The first time you charge me an overage fee, it will be the last. You will lose about. $300 dollars a month. If I could offer a bit of advise to those that are making these decisions. THINK BEFORE YOU ACT! This may look good on Your balance sheet, but you will certainly alienate a large portion of you customer base. People don't really know how much data they really use. if you use netflix, play on x-box, etc. YOU USE A LARGE AMOUNT OF DATA. YOU WILL GET OVERAGES!!!! How you rethink this move before myself and a large portion of your customer based leaves you, on several levels.

8 of 9 (540 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2011 8:27:54 PM
(0)
Contributor
P.S. They don't even offer a data tracker, so we have no idea how to throttle ourselves. I'm not paying a dime more, regardless of your new terms of service. Hope you are happy.
P.S. They don't even offer a data tracker, so we have no idea how to throttle ourselves. I'm not paying a dime more, regardless of your new terms of service. Hope you are happy.

9 of 9 (538 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments