WOULD LIKE TO USE MY COMPUTER IN ANY ROOM OF MY HOME

Highlighted
Contributor

WOULD LIKE TO USE MY COMPUTER IN ANY ROOM OF MY HOME

I HAVE AN ATT ROUTER THAT HAVE GREEN LIGHTS THAT READS ETHERNET, WIRELESS, DSL AND INTERNET. MY QUESTION IS WHAT DO I NEED TO DO IN ORDER TO USE MY LAPTOP WITHOUT BEING PLUGGED INTO THE ROUTER? DO I HAVE A WIRELESS ROUTER?
Message 1 of 2 (923 Views)
Employee

Re: WOULD LIKE TO USE MY COMPUTER IN ANY ROOM OF MY HOME

Hi sylvia,

You must have a wireless router since there is a wireless indicator light on it. Also, most laptop computer has a built-in wireless adapter so you should be able to detect any wireless network without installing anything on your computer.

In order to connect wirelessly to your router, make sure that the wireless switch in your laptop is ON. Then it should ask for wireless encryption or WEP key, which can be found at the bottom of the router. If you have there 2Wire 2701HG-B, the wireless key is the 10-digit code enclosed by brackets just below the serial number.

You can also contact our AT&T eChat help desk for further assistance in connecting your laptop wirelessly. For members who are located in AL, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, & TN, here is the link for AT&T eChat:

https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnaire_c2c_dsl_se.aspx

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (923 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.