Very bad customer service

Contributor

Very bad customer service

I have had my DSL internet connection since January 2010. I did not receive any bill so far and I made a call to the customer service 2 days back and informed about this. She checked and told me that they have noted a wrong address on the account which she gladly updated and told me that she would send a bill in the next 4-5 days. Today the Account management team disconnects my internet telling me that I did not pay the bill. When I call them to pay the bill a person by name *Agent* in the Account Management department was very rude and had no clue to handle an upset customer. His conversation was filled with sarcasm. I wish nobody gets into any sort of trouble with their accounts and face customer facing people such as the one I faced. I would not recommend AT&T just for the plain fact that their customer service is as bad as it can get.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 10
Employee

Re: Very bad customer service

Hello rahulrajagopal, I am sorry that you had to go through this unpleasant experience and I apologize for the inconvenience that you are facing with this issue. Thank you for sharing your experiences and bringing this to our notice, AT&T Yahoo! considers Member feedback important, it is valuable to us in improving our performance and we have established a web-page exclusively designed to receive your valuable feedback. Please submit your feedback to: http://support.att.com/emailus. I regret all the uncertainty you have experienced. Please feel free to reply to the post if you have any further questions. Please, bear with us. Thank you for your patience.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 10
Scholar

It is true that the customer service at AT&T is very bad. [Edit per Community Guidelines]
For over 70 days I have been having problems with my DSL and still there is no indication that it is going to ever be fixed best I can tell. I know what you mean about rude, arrogant and condescending attitudes from support the last time I spoke with support when I asked the agent for their operator ID they flat out refused, then when I asked to speak to a supervisor the supervisor also flat out refused, but before refusing he offered up some BS numbers that did not match the format of the other operator ID's I had documented and I called him out on it, he then replied "I'm not going to be giving you my operator ID, what I am going to do is..."
One of the replies I got from an agent on my last call was that he was trying to help me and get my speeds up to what I want them to be. This statement infuriated me I had to stop him and tell him that I didn't 'wan't' my speeds to be anything other than what AT&T advertises them to be and what I pay for. Of course this is the same guy that refused to give me an operator ID so I could properly document on my end who I had spoken with, so why should it surprise me that he uses this condescending tone with me about what "I wan't" as if I am unreasonable in expecting to get what I pay for.
When you ask for a supervisor when talking to support in most cases they are probably just transferring the call to their work buddy in the cube beside them and when you are off the phone working towards the 30th call you have made to get an issue resolved they go on break and have a good laugh about it.
Well you people keep on yucking it up, continue to provide the lackluster service, and abuse customers that are only trying to get what they pay for, with a union job for a monopoly company you only have that luxury until the people that are trying to run the company into the ground finally succeed.
Still can't even get an offer from someone at AT&T to have my issue escalated, I know someone that has read one of my posts has the ability to do so they just think that the problem is on my end or don't care enough to bother.

Message 3 of 10
Contributor

I totally agree

I will use Anything but ATNT

i've found the other internet  works on my area

I placed order already !!! finally im done with ATNT

Message 4 of 10
Contributor

"Penny"

It is particularly perceptive that the script you quote is pure pervarication causing profuse persperation.

You are a good soldier. Bravo.

PS the spell check link leads to akm1's "maintenance alert" page and upon return the typed message is lost. Not that anyone expects that link to be fixed.

Message 5 of 10
Employee

Hello annonuser,

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

We appreciate your feedback; it is valuable to us in improving our performance. AT&T Yahoo! considers Member feedback important and we have established a web-page exclusively designed to receive your valuable feedback. Please consider this link and submit your feedback to:

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 10
Contributor

Site has nothing to do with poor DSL service, only addresses phones.

Message 7 of 10
Contributor

Site doesn't work.

http://support.att.com/emailus.

Message 8 of 10
Former Moderator

The correct link is: http://support.att.com/emailus

Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
Former Moderator

Moved post to new thread.

Message 10 of 10
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Additional Support