Very Angry Ex-Customer

Contributor

Very Angry Ex-Customer

I started my service in 2010 and was having no problems the first time I had to move my service early 2011.  In mid-2011 I had to move once again and this is when my problems started.  For the second time I called Customer Service to have my DSL transferred to a new residence, and I though everything was okay.  What really happened is, the Agent I had set me up for ANOTHER DSL account.  So in October, unbeknownst to me, I have two DSL lines, that I'm getting billed for.  Well, I had the new one set up for auto-pay, so every month for 3 months I was assured my bill was getting paid because money was taken from ATT out of my bank account.

Well, having recently moved my mail was getting mixed up and I wasn't always receiving my paper bills.  Finally I caught one after about 3 months, just curious to make sure I'm not getting over charged, I look and see my bill is for $116!!!  I was very confused and called immediately to try to discover what was going on.  The first person I talked to was very nice, looked everything over and confidently told me that it was ATT's fault for not closing the old account down.  So at this point I am relieved and the Agent tells me he's going to send me to a department that will straighten it all out.  Turns out he just sent me to another agent that said the exact same thing.  After repeating the problem to the third agent I got frustrated and gave up.

First thing I did was make sure the old account got cancelled.  Once I THOUGHT the old one was cancelled I was too frustrated with the horrible customer service to call again to confirm.  Then I got the $116 automatically taken out of my account.  After this I was beginning to get very upset and called to make sure BOTH my accounts were cancelled, which I was assured by an agent that that had happened.  But no, I start getting bills again, and they keep taking money automatically even though I have been told twice now that both these accounts were cancelled.  I was so angry and frustrated that I was just gonna give in and let them have the $116 that was robbed of me.  But now I have had $48 taken from my most recent account and just today realized they have taken $36 from my OLD account that was supposed to be cancelled almost 2 months ago.  I want to know what is going on, but nobody on the phone is competent enough to help me, and I just want to sit down with somebody that actually cares about their customers and help get my money back. 

ATT you are thieves and I am now out $200 because you don't know how to serve and help your customers.  If there is anybody that is reading this that can actually do something to solve this problem I would appreciate it.  I feel I have to close my bank accounts so you won't steal any more of my money.  [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Very Angry Ex-Customer

Welcome JordanDams and thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience. I received your Private Message and replied with the information needed since this is account specific. Please check your Private Message inbox (blue envelope, top-right) for an update.  We'll get you in touch with the group that can help.

Regards,
Alex

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help others find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution".
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support