Unable to talk to a person on the phone - on hold constantly!

Highlighted
Tutor

Unable to talk to a person on the phone - on hold constantly!

Three days now I cannot get a hold of a person on the phone to get my DSL back online at home.  I've burned cell phone minutes on hold simply because offices aren't open, now i'm burning my lunch hour on hold.

There's something simple the rep that took my payment didn't tell me.

I can ping through cmd window but can't surf the net nor can steam connect to play games.

I've release/renewed and flushed the dns, rebooted and shut off/turned on the router and reseated all connections.  I've used two computers that have a different operating system on each. My intranet works fine, the path out to the world is cut off.

I can't wait until another ISP is available for me so I can get off of this crap service that will not take care of it's customers.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 11
Expert

Re: Unable to talk to a person on the phone - on hold constantly!

Do you have AT&T U-verse internet or AT&T DSL internet?  Are you calling the Technical Support number shown in my signature?  

Technical Support is available 24/7.  It would best to call when you are at home where your system is located.

Message 2 of 11
Tutor

Yes, I get "sorry, that office is closed"  after 6pm.

I got off the phone and got a 24/7 phone number 888-443-2430 to call when I get home. I'll be doing all of the things that I have already done.  I'm a corporate IT help desk analyst and have been in the IT field for 15+ years. 

When I signed up, it took five phone calls until I asked the right question to get the registration page URL simply because I don't use AT&T's 2WIRE.

When I moved to a different town, I had seven phone calls until someone could find my address to install a new account. My downstairs neighbor has the service, there's a pole in the yard 15ft away from our sidewalk with the company name on it and they couldn't find my address.  I couldn't just move existing service 30 miles.  Now, I've had four phone calls, a two hour wait from the agent that took payment which has now turned into three days.

This has been extreme.

Message 3 of 11
Expert

Do you have AT&T U-verse internet or AT&T DSL internet? 

Customer Service closes at 7:00 pm CT Monday - Friday.  Technical Support is available 24/7.  You contact both using the same number.

When you call the number in my signature, you will be prompted for the reason for your call. Assuming that you do have U-verse internet, say "U-verse Technical Support".  Regardless of the next question asked, respond by saying "Agent", and you will be transferred to a live agent.

Message 4 of 11
Tutor

The above post worked just fine.  I was on hold for about 20 minutes waiting for a tech.

The original agent that took my payment did not unsuspend the account.

The tech could not unsuspend my account and had to transfer me to a department that was already closed for the night.  I'll burn my lunch hour again today trying to find someone to get click a freaking button.

Extremely poor service and unecsessary lost of time, I'm being billed on a suspended account while not being able to use it and I have no other choice.

What does someone do when they've been trapped by absolute crap?

Message 5 of 11
Tutor

I dialed the number in your signature, I said "Agent", office closed. Monday through Friday.

Message 6 of 11
Expert

When prompted for the reason for your call, did you say "U-verse Technical Support"?

Message 7 of 11
Tutor

No, it's home stand alone dsl. Uverse is not available where I live.

Message 8 of 11
Expert

Oh, I see.  This is actually the wrong forum for you.  That is the reason that I kept asking if you have AT&T DSL internet or AT&T U-verse internet.

Message 9 of 11
Tutor

I got here from a google link and started spouting.  Thank you for the correction. I have found the correct forum. I'll go over there and start again.

Message 10 of 11
Expert

The moderator will simply transfer this thread to the correct forum.  You don't need to start a new one.

Message 11 of 11
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support