Unable to receive email sent via PHP forms script

Highlighted
Contributor

Unable to receive email sent via PHP forms script

Hi there! I'm curious about sending email via PHP script when I have my personal web server turned on via my iMac. I'm a SBC/ATT DSL subscriber (residential). I use an iMac computer (Leopard OS). I set up the Web Sharing and PHP that is pre-installed on the iMac so that about an hour or two on weekends when I turn the Web Sharing on, my kids can meet up, swap some notes about what's going on with them, and fill in a form that is a PHP form. The form works great "except" that the mail is not sent; i.e., the info they enter into the form is not sent to my address (xxxxxx@sbcglobal.net). Nothing is sent, even though I am the sending address from within the form as well.

I keep my iMac web sharing on for about 2 hours on the weekend (bit of a family ritual :smileyhappy: ).

So my question is, is it not permitted as a SBC Global subscriber to run one's own web server/site via their home computer and as a SBC Global subscriber to turn it on for a couple hours over the weekend and the visitor (my kids) run a PHP forms script that sends their input back to me? The script uses the basic PHP Mail function. Everything else about the form's script is working fine except that no mail (form input data) is being sent back to me.

Thank you for any clarification on this.

Message 1 of 5 (1,302 Views)
Employee

Re: Unable to receive email sent via PHP forms script

Hello funops,

To keep using your AT&T PHP services, it is recommended that you contact AT&T AT&T web hosting team.

You may see at http://att.com/webhosting for current product descriptions. You may also contact our Web Hosting department at: 888-WEB-HOST (888-932-4678), open 24/7.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (1,302 Views)
Contributor

Hi. Thank you for your reply but that's not what I was asking. I'm not interested in hosting a web site per se (I already use a hosting service for commercial/business needs that I'm very happy with) but instead, I was asking if it is possible, or for that matter not permitted, to turn on my iMac's Web Sharing feature for an hour or two over the weekends for my kids to access a family web page I created on my iMac and in so doing, run a PHP forms script I use at the page that sends me and their mother via email their entries that they fill in at the form. It's a very basic PHP form-to-email type of script. The data (what they fill in) is not being sent. The form works, no errors, but the data/email is not sent. So I was curious if this is something that is not permitted with my AT&T residential DSL. I have no problem with email in general. It's just trying to have a PHP form script that is served from my home computer via my AT&T residential DSL account send/email the data filled into the form that is the problem. Nothing gets sent. And I tried a few such scripts out of curiosity, none send/email the data. Maybe we're not allowed to host our own website via our home computer and AT&T residental DSL. Or maybe we can I need to make some settings or adjustment to get it to send email via my AT&T DSL. I don't know. I can't seem to get a clear answer from AT&T.

Message 3 of 5 (1,302 Views)
Employee

Hello funops,

I would like to inform you that this issue require advanced troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to contact AT&T ConnecTech Support at 877-831-2880 from Monday to Sunday between 9am to 12am ET . They will help you to configure the PHP form script to resolve this issue. They will also check and configure the iMac web sharing feature to fix this issue completely.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5 (1,302 Views)
Contributor

Excellent Thank you! And thank you for.such speedy replies.
Message 5 of 5 (1,302 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.