Internet Forums

Posted Apr 17, 2010
3:59:48 PM
View profile
Unable to connect to internet with Airport Extreme
I recently switched from a Dlink wireless router to an Airport Extreme wireless router. I have not been able to connect to the internet/DSL through the Aiport Extreme. I have gone through the configurations, but I get an error message that it cannot find the PPPoE connection. Are there specail settings that are required to set up the Airport Extreme so I can connect to the Internet. Specs: ATT DSL Modem - Speedstreem 5100 Apple Airport Extreem Thanks,
I recently switched from a Dlink wireless router to an Airport Extreme wireless router. I have not been able to connect to the internet/DSL through the Aiport Extreme. I have gone through the configurations, but I get an error message that it cannot find the PPPoE connection. Are there specail settings that are required to set up the Airport Extreme so I can connect to the Internet. Specs: ATT DSL Modem - Speedstreem 5100 Apple Airport Extreem Thanks,

Unable to connect to internet with Airport Extreme

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2010 7:53:24 AM
(0)
Contributor
I tried setting my Speedstream 5100 modem to Bridge mode...still not able to connect. Does anyone have any suggestions or the settings required? When I'm directly connected to my iMac from the Modem...no problem. Internet is great. When I get the Airport Extreme connected, I can not connect to the internet. Please help!
I tried setting my Speedstream 5100 modem to Bridge mode...still not able to connect. Does anyone have any suggestions or the settings required? When I'm directly connected to my iMac from the Modem...no problem. Internet is great. When I get the Airport Extreme connected, I can not connect to the internet. Please help!

Re: Unable to connect to internet with Airport Extreme

2 of 6 (8,425 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2010 6:45:15 AM
(0)
AT&T Internet Expert
Hello mrapple,

I extend my gratitude to you for contacting us.

The Speed Stream modem need to be configured properly into Bridged Ethernet Mode. Configuring your modem in this way is also useful when connecting computers or other devices.

The PPP Location page allows the you to change the operating mode of your AT&T provided modem by identifying where the PPP client is located. Please follow the steps below to access the screen, review the valid settings.

1. Access the PPP Location screen on the modem by accessing the GUI http://192.168.0.1) then clicking on the Advanced button and selecting the PPP Location button.

2. Below are the options provided to you on that page:

• PPPoE is on the modem
  • PPP is on the computer
  • Bridged Mode

When PPPoE on the modem or Bridge mode are selected, a warning screen will pop up.

3. Select Bridged Mode option.

4. Click on Save Changes.

5. The Modem will restart to save the settings.

After configuring bridge connection on your Speed Stream 4100 modem,  you need to configure the settings in your third party router (Apple Aiport Express wireless router) for basic PPPoE configuration. Once you connect the router behind the modem, you will need to configure the router to connect using the PPPoE connection settings - including the AT&T account User ID and password, or the correct IP information.

Hope this help.

In order to configure PPPoE connection on your Apple Aiport Express wireless router, it is recommended that you contact AT&T ConnecTech/Support+ at 1-877-831-2880, they are open 24/7.

If you experience any difficulty, while configuring bridge connection on your Speed Stream 4100 modem, please contact AT&T eChat support.

If you are in, 'AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI',  you may click on the following link to connect to a chat agent.

https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnaire_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello mrapple,

I extend my gratitude to you for contacting us.

The Speed Stream modem need to be configured properly into Bridged Ethernet Mode. Configuring your modem in this way is also useful when connecting computers or other devices.

The PPP Location page allows the you to change the operating mode of your AT&T provided modem by identifying where the PPP client is located. Please follow the steps below to access the screen, review the valid settings.

1. Access the PPP Location screen on the modem by accessing the GUI http://192.168.0.1) then clicking on the Advanced button and selecting the PPP Location button.

2. Below are the options provided to you on that page:

• PPPoE is on the modem
  • PPP is on the computer
  • Bridged Mode

When PPPoE on the modem or Bridge mode are selected, a warning screen will pop up.

3. Select Bridged Mode option.

4. Click on Save Changes.

5. The Modem will restart to save the settings.

After configuring bridge connection on your Speed Stream 4100 modem,  you need to configure the settings in your third party router (Apple Aiport Express wireless router) for basic PPPoE configuration. Once you connect the router behind the modem, you will need to configure the router to connect using the PPPoE connection settings - including the AT&T account User ID and password, or the correct IP information.

Hope this help.

In order to configure PPPoE connection on your Apple Aiport Express wireless router, it is recommended that you contact AT&T ConnecTech/Support+ at 1-877-831-2880, they are open 24/7.

If you experience any difficulty, while configuring bridge connection on your Speed Stream 4100 modem, please contact AT&T eChat support.

If you are in, 'AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI',  you may click on the following link to connect to a chat agent.

https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnaire_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx

3 of 6 (8,425 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2010 7:42:08 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hello

G4 Desktop Leopard. ATT DSL cable Speedstream 4100 works fine. As long as I don't run through the Airport Base station. But I want to connect my laptop wirelessly. 

WHen I try to run through early model Airport Extreme Router, (mushroom shaped) Nothing works anymore.

I tried with configuring Modem to Bridged mode. 

Have Tutorial from Penny, but no help. 

I can't figure out call in or chat numbers. 

It looks like the direct connect was a pay for service. 

I had no issues with the Motorola Modem 2210, except they don't last long, and fail. 

I had the Siemens ATT sent me, but it never worked with my Airport Extreme.

Hello

G4 Desktop Leopard. ATT DSL cable Speedstream 4100 works fine. As long as I don't run through the Airport Base station. But I want to connect my laptop wirelessly. 

WHen I try to run through early model Airport Extreme Router, (mushroom shaped) Nothing works anymore.

I tried with configuring Modem to Bridged mode. 

Have Tutorial from Penny, but no help. 

I can't figure out call in or chat numbers. 

It looks like the direct connect was a pay for service. 

I had no issues with the Motorola Modem 2210, except they don't last long, and fail. 

I had the Siemens ATT sent me, but it never worked with my Airport Extreme.

4 of 6 (8,425 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2010 5:21:06 AM
(0)
AT&T Internet Expert

Hello bwanojohnny,

To bridge the Efficient Networks 4100, ensure that it is directly connected to your computer via Ethernet cable and that your third party router is completely disconnected while performing the steps below:

1. Open a web browser.
  2. Type 192.168.0.1 (or http://dslmodem) in the address bar.
  3. Click the Go button or press the enter key on the keyboard.
  4. Click the Advanced button.
  5. Click the PPP Location button.
  6. Select the radio button next to PPP is on the computer.
  7. Click the Save Changes button.

After bridging your Speedstream 4100 modem, you need to configure your third party router (Airport Base station) for the PPPoE settings.

While configuring PPPoE settings in your third party router (Airport Base station), you may contact AT&T ConnecTech/Support+ at 1-877-831-2880 (open 24/7) for support.

If you experience any difficulty while configuring your Speedstream 4100 modem in the bridge mode, it is recommended that contact AT&T eChat support.

If you are in 'AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, or WI' area, you may click on the following link to connect to a chat agent:

https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnai re_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx

If you experience any difficulty while establish wireless connectivity with your Airport Extreme router, please contact AT&T ConnecTech/Support+ .

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello bwanojohnny,

To bridge the Efficient Networks 4100, ensure that it is directly connected to your computer via Ethernet cable and that your third party router is completely disconnected while performing the steps below:

1. Open a web browser.
  2. Type 192.168.0.1 (or http://dslmodem) in the address bar.
  3. Click the Go button or press the enter key on the keyboard.
  4. Click the Advanced button.
  5. Click the PPP Location button.
  6. Select the radio button next to PPP is on the computer.
  7. Click the Save Changes button.

After bridging your Speedstream 4100 modem, you need to configure your third party router (Airport Base station) for the PPPoE settings.

While configuring PPPoE settings in your third party router (Airport Base station), you may contact AT&T ConnecTech/Support+ at 1-877-831-2880 (open 24/7) for support.

If you experience any difficulty while configuring your Speedstream 4100 modem in the bridge mode, it is recommended that contact AT&T eChat support.

If you are in 'AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, or WI' area, you may click on the following link to connect to a chat agent:

https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnai re_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx

If you experience any difficulty while establish wireless connectivity with your Airport Extreme router, please contact AT&T ConnecTech/Support+ .

5 of 6 (8,425 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 30, 2010 4:50:12 PM
(0)
Contributor

what do I do if this link does not connect?    http://192.168.0.1

what do I do if this link does not connect?    http://192.168.0.1

6 of 6 (7,980 Views)