Too many advertisments

Contributor

Too many advertisments

I love the AT&T page but I just received another advertisment section. I think I will change to a different home page. I am tired of companies making money off of me.
Message 1 of 15 (660 Views)
Contributor

Re: Too many advertisments

Amen to that! We pay for enough to AT&T for the "service" we get. Ads are an unnecessary nuisance! If they have to be on our home page, we should have the option to move them lower. I have much better uses for the higher places on my homepage!
Message 2 of 15 (660 Views)
Lithium Technologies

Re: Too many advertisments

Moved to Internet.
Message 3 of 15 (660 Views)
Teacher

Re: Too many advertisments

There's been a solution to rid yourself of ads for quite a while now, in the form of adblockplus for firefox https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865
Message 4 of 15 (660 Views)
Tutor

Re: Too many advertisments

does that include video adds?
Message 5 of 15 (660 Views)
Contributor

Re: Too many advertisments

Video ads are the absolute worst. Now you can also add new the new pop-ups for TV shows.
Message 6 of 15 (660 Views)
Employee

Re: Too many advertisments


khcook wrote:
does that include video adds?
Adblock will block even video ads. If it' doesn't have it usually right above the ad you will see the word "adblock" and you just click that and it disappears.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 15 (660 Views)
Mentor

Re: Too many advertisments

Use Firefox with Adblock, Flashblock, and noscript. Adblock nukes the banner ads. Flashblock blocks all those flash animations and video ads that suck CPU and bandwidth. Noscript stops those nasty info stealing, redirecting, malware injecting sites. Now, if I could only figure out how to get carriage returns to work on this lousy bbs software at&t uses, I'd be set.
Message 8 of 15 (660 Views)
Lithium Technologies

Re: Too many advertisments

 


nt4usb wrote:
Use Firefox with Adblock, Flashblock, and noscript. Adblock nukes the banner ads. Flashblock blocks all those flash animations and video ads that suck CPU and bandwidth. Noscript stops those nasty info stealing, redirecting, malware injecting sites. Now, if I could only figure out how to get carriage returns to work on this lousy bbs software at&t uses, I'd be set.

 

 

Hi there,

 

When writing you post, make sure the tab is set to "rich text" and not "html".  If it's on Html, you will not be able to use "enter" as you would with rich text.  Let me know if you have any further issues!   :smileyhappy:

Message 9 of 15 (660 Views)
Mentor

Re: Too many advertisments


TreyW wrote:

 


nt4usb wrote:
Use Firefox with Adblock, Flashblock, and noscript. Adblock nukes the banner ads. Flashblock blocks all those flash animations and video ads that suck CPU and bandwidth. Noscript stops those nasty info stealing, redirecting, malware injecting sites. Now, if I could only figure out how to get carriage returns to work on this lousy bbs software at&t uses, I'd be set.

 

 

Hi there,

 

When writing you post, make sure the tab is set to "rich text" and not "html".  If it's on Html, you will not be able to use "enter" as you would with rich text.  Let me know if you have any further issues!   :smileyhappy:


I've tried it both ways.[cr/lf] This is rich text.[cr/lf] Same result.[cr/lf] This should display as four lines with [cr/lf] showing where I hit return...
Message 10 of 15 (660 Views)
Lithium Technologies

Re: Too many advertisments

Moved to Internet.
Message 11 of 15 (465 Views)
Mentor

Re: Too many advertisments

hi TreyW! how can I use rich text instead on html so that my enter will work? thanks!!! :-)
Message 12 of 15 (465 Views)
Lithium Technologies

Re: Too many advertisments

Hey there!  When you go to the reply box, at the top of the box should be three tabs, "Rich Text", "HTML" and "Preview".  If you select "Rich Text", you should be able to hit enter like a word document instead of the coding needed for HTML. 

 

I've attached a screenshot below.  Let me know if you need any further assistance! :smileyhappy:

 

Message 13 of 15 (465 Views)
Lithium Technologies

Re: Too many advertisments

 


nt4usb wrote:

TreyW wrote:

 


nt4usb wrote:
Use Firefox with Adblock, Flashblock, and noscript. Adblock nukes the banner ads. Flashblock blocks all those flash animations and video ads that suck CPU and bandwidth. Noscript stops those nasty info stealing, redirecting, malware injecting sites. Now, if I could only figure out how to get carriage returns to work on this lousy bbs software at&t uses, I'd be set.

 

 

Hi there,

 

When writing you post, make sure the tab is set to "rich text" and not "html".  If it's on Html, you will not be able to use "enter" as you would with rich text.  Let me know if you have any further issues!   :smileyhappy:


I've tried it both ways.[cr/lf] This is rich text.[cr/lf] Same result.[cr/lf] This should display as four lines with [cr/lf] showing where I hit return...

 

 

I've tested your account and it works correctly when utilizing the "rich text" tab.  I can set your account to use "rich text" by default.  Let me know if you would like to do that and I can do it or assist you in doing so. 

 

Thanks,

Trey

Message 14 of 15 (465 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: Too many advertisments


TreyW wrote:

Hey there!  When you go to the reply box, at the top of the box should be three tabs, "Rich Text", "HTML" and "Preview".  If you select "Rich Text", you should be able to hit enter like a word document instead of the coding needed for HTML. 

 

I've attached a screenshot below.  Let me know if you need any further assistance! :smileyhappy:

 


Ok, I changed my pref and now rich text comes up as the default. enter Lets see if it works now. enter testing... enter 1 enter 2 enter 3 enter ED:nope... still the same. I had a similar issue on another message board. danm if I can remember what we did to fix it. btw, using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6 so you can blame it on Firefox....
Message 15 of 15 (465 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.