Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Apr 2, 2012
9:09:28 AM
View profile
To upgrade or not

Yesterday I had tried to upgrade my mom's dsl to the 6Mbit plan and lower the phone service down to basic, no addons. Everything went through ok but the change has yet to appear on the accound and the dsl speed still shows the usual. Of course, I waited a few hours, about 6 or 7 then tried again, no joy. Since I don't have access to her bank info I can't check up on if she's been charged for the upgrade or not. The order thing I used in both instances is the page you get when you go to change the plan of the phone, from there, I just adjusted the services and went to check out. That worked or so it seemed but there was no change in the actual service nor did it change on the "account overview" and  speedtest.net still shows my current 3mbit speed.

Come one guys, an upgrade shouldn't take days to happen. It should just take a few minutes to adjust a few paramiters on the servers and recalculate the bill.

One more thing, what is this payment one thing and why is it on her account? I can't find any info on this and a 20 dollar charge on an unknown service is not right. If we didn't request it, it should never be there. Can someone in tech support shed a light on this matter and not try to sugarcoat this? Thank you.

Yesterday I had tried to upgrade my mom's dsl to the 6Mbit plan and lower the phone service down to basic, no addons. Everything went through ok but the change has yet to appear on the accound and the dsl speed still shows the usual. Of course, I waited a few hours, about 6 or 7 then tried again, no joy. Since I don't have access to her bank info I can't check up on if she's been charged for the upgrade or not. The order thing I used in both instances is the page you get when you go to change the plan of the phone, from there, I just adjusted the services and went to check out. That worked or so it seemed but there was no change in the actual service nor did it change on the "account overview" and  speedtest.net still shows my current 3mbit speed.

Come one guys, an upgrade shouldn't take days to happen. It should just take a few minutes to adjust a few paramiters on the servers and recalculate the bill.

One more thing, what is this payment one thing and why is it on her account? I can't find any info on this and a 20 dollar charge on an unknown service is not right. If we didn't request it, it should never be there. Can someone in tech support shed a light on this matter and not try to sugarcoat this? Thank you.

To upgrade or not

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2012 12:42:47 AM
(0)
Expert

Try contacting Alex, one of the AT&T Community Managers for further assistance.

Try contacting Alex, one of the AT&T Community Managers for further assistance.

Re: To upgrade or not

2 of 6 (685 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2012 12:27:58 PM
(0)
Contributor

It is entirely possible that you did something wrong on the AT&T website. This Sunday night at 12:30 AM, I logged into the AT&T website from my Samsung phone and upgraded from the 1.5 mbps service to the 6 mbps service. When I woke up the next morning, my internet speed was four times faster then before. When you are requesting this service upgrade, there is a three-digit number (located on your bill) that is required to authenticate the account. Without that number, no changes will be made.

Certainly AT&T isn't perfect, but at least they offer service in my area...NONE of the others do! I love my AT&T DSL...I am just grateful that at least AT&T offers internet to those of us who live in the country. AT&T is also the only wireless service that works in this area.

Thank you AT&T!  Without you, I would still be using smoke signals!

It is entirely possible that you did something wrong on the AT&T website. This Sunday night at 12:30 AM, I logged into the AT&T website from my Samsung phone and upgraded from the 1.5 mbps service to the 6 mbps service. When I woke up the next morning, my internet speed was four times faster then before. When you are requesting this service upgrade, there is a three-digit number (located on your bill) that is required to authenticate the account. Without that number, no changes will be made.

Certainly AT&T isn't perfect, but at least they offer service in my area...NONE of the others do! I love my AT&T DSL...I am just grateful that at least AT&T offers internet to those of us who live in the country. AT&T is also the only wireless service that works in this area.

3 of 6 (671 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2012 12:34:48 PM
(0)
Expert

It's hard to imagine only a few years ago we had nothing but dial-up!

Smoke signals... Smiley Very Happy

Siberglider wrote:

It's hard to imagine only a few years ago we had nothing but dial-up!

Smoke signals... Smiley Very Happy

Siberglider wrote:

4 of 6 (668 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2012 9:56:48 PM
(0)
Mentor

hmm in my area smoke signals work better than ATT cell phones while verizon and US cellular work flawlessly - sprint can be harry in areas but ATT is useless.

ATT internet is having major issues from everyone i know who has it around here, connection dropouts, extremely slow connections, major billing issues, and of course the standard bad customer service... i dont know how you like it so much spd2demun...i belive you are an employee! haha i know my dialup connection of years ago was much much more stable and sometimes faster...

hmm in my area smoke signals work better than ATT cell phones while verizon and US cellular work flawlessly - sprint can be harry in areas but ATT is useless.

ATT internet is having major issues from everyone i know who has it around here, connection dropouts, extremely slow connections, major billing issues, and of course the standard bad customer service... i dont know how you like it so much spd2demun...i belive you are an employee! haha i know my dialup connection of years ago was much much more stable and sometimes faster...

5 of 6 (597 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2012 8:00:19 AM
(0)
Expert

Where did I say I *liked* it?

Nope, not an employee; and I have Uverse HSI now instead of regular DSL.

As suggested earlier, contact Alex about the issues you're having.

Alex

For your Wireless problems, that's another forum. Smiley Wink.

MrLost wrote:

Where did I say I *liked* it?

Nope, not an employee; and I have Uverse HSI now instead of regular DSL.

As suggested earlier, contact Alex about the issues you're having.

Alex

For your Wireless problems, that's another forum. Smiley Wink.

MrLost wrote:

6 of 6 (586 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments