Ask a question

Posted Apr 23, 2012
9:39:45 AM
This service has drained me to complete exhaustion from billing errors.
Edited by sorlova1 on Apr 23, 2012 at 9:40:23 AM

In Sept. 2011, I was planning to relocate to a new state.  So, I called AT&T to setup my wireless internet.  My move in date was Nov. 2011, so naturally I wanted my service to start at that time.  I called AT&T, setup my account, and was told my service would start on Sept. 20th.  I did not want this...why pay for an extra week?  I exclaimed, "What do you mean?  I don't want service  until Nov. 2011.  You never asked me when I want service to start." The agent responded that she did not have the capabilites to change this, and that I would need to call in the next business day during office hours.  I called and had this account cancelled (so they said) and reopened another one to start in Nov. 2011.  I received a bill for the first account anyway.  I called to dispute it.  AT&T verified Ithe charges would be cancelled.  A few weeks later, I received a bill from a collection agency.  Long story short, I spent 2-3 hours of my life and stressed out tremendously because the (first) account was never cancelled.  FINALLY, after 3-4 months, it was closed, and I thought it was behind me.  Today, April 2012, I receive a bill for this account again...from a collection agency.  I refuse to pay $38.00 for an account I did not use, spent hours of my time calling about, etc.  At the same time, my credit score is being threatened by a collection agency.  This is not fair.  I should not be put in this positon for a mistake that I did not create.  I am cancelling my service on my (second) account asap.  I don't need to stress over my INTERNET.   AT&T needs to realize that not only are they going to lose me as a customer, but the dozens of people I have told my story to.  Poor customer service has a ripple effect and is what eventually leads to business failure/closure.  Word to the wise.       

This service has drained me to complete exhaustion from billing errors.

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 5, 2012 6:24:50 PM
(0)
Teacher

My credit is on the line as well, all over TWO representatives giving me the same incorrect information.  They should own up to their mistakes.

Re: This service has drained me to complete exhaustion from billing errors.

2 of 2 (574 Views)