Thinking About Getting AT&T DSL - Your Opinions?

Contributor

Thinking About Getting AT&T DSL - Your Opinions?

Ok, so I am currently with Time Warner and the service is unacceptable.. The call reps and customer support reps we always get no absolutely nothing and have no idea what they're talking about and never fix the problem. When ever they're supposed to come out, it's usually something absurd like "we'll be there between 8 AM tomorrow and a week". Our upload speed sticks around .47m/s when ever I go to speedtest.net and while our Download speed says 15mb/s that is not what we're getting. Often, the internet just stops loading web pages and won't do anything for a minute.. it does this randomly all the time and when I'm playing World Of Warcraft, I get disconnected every 10 minutes. I've had it with this ISP and I was wondering if AT&T is what it's hyped up to be. I'd be getting the Elite Package since we have four computers that need to be constantly connected (which two of them will be used for gaming) so can AT&T DSL support this?

Message 1 of 4 (291 Views)
Contributor

Re: Thinking About Getting AT&T DSL - Your Opinions?

NO, ATT is not what they are hyped up to be. Here at my home, we recently purchased the Elite package and were promised a minimum of 3.0mbs download speed but we are only receiving 50kbs. Talk about slow...
Message 2 of 4 (291 Views)
Contributor

Reading the forum, I'm seeing a lot of people complaining the service is never on and that the service is very slow. I'm not so sure about looking into AT&T afterall...
Message 3 of 4 (291 Views)
Contributor

Well, it looks like no ISP is perfect. But then Nothing is PERFECT !!!
Message 4 of 4 (291 Views)