Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jul 26, 2010
9:55:33 AM
View profile
The BICKERING (FIGHTING) BETWEEN ISP'S????

We have had one devil of a time getting ATT to recognize our email address and send it to our account?? (and this is AFTER having them for YEARS!!!!!) They would NOT allow any other email ISP's to operate??? IS THIS A PROBLEM WITH OTHER FOLKS???? Now that we have it corrected (We THINK??) NOW the mail from our other account which is Gmail will not/cannot be received and logged in??? What goes with these WIRELESS GIANTS??? Don't they have other things to do besides making it difficult for their paying clients without creating a problem with other ISP's?????????? Is anyone else experiencing this problem??? Thanks, Walt.

We have had one devil of a time getting ATT to recognize our email address and send it to our account?? (and this is AFTER having them for YEARS!!!!!) They would NOT allow any other email ISP's to operate??? IS THIS A PROBLEM WITH OTHER FOLKS???? Now that we have it corrected (We THINK??) NOW the mail from our other account which is Gmail will not/cannot be received and logged in??? What goes with these WIRELESS GIANTS??? Don't they have other things to do besides making it difficult for their paying clients without creating a problem with other ISP's?????????? Is anyone else experiencing this problem??? Thanks, Walt.

The BICKERING (FIGHTING) BETWEEN ISP'S????

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2010 5:38:05 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello waltz123,

I would like to inform you that AT&T never block email access of any third party email account you can access the Gmail email account using the web link www.gmail.com

If you are using any email client (like Outlook, Outlook Express) to access your Gmail account, in that case you need to use outgoing server (smtp.att.yahoo.com) to send emails using your Gmail account.

To configure your Gmail account in Outlook 2002 or 2003, please visit the link mentioned below:

If you experiencing any issue while configure your Gmail account, it is recommended that you contact AT&T technical voice help desk at 1-877-722-3755 (open 24/7), they will help you accordingly.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello waltz123,

I would like to inform you that AT&T never block email access of any third party email account you can access the Gmail email account using the web link www.gmail.com

If you are using any email client (like Outlook, Outlook Express) to access your Gmail account, in that case you need to use outgoing server (smtp.att.yahoo.com) to send emails using your Gmail account.

To configure your Gmail account in Outlook 2002 or 2003, please visit the link mentioned below:

If you experiencing any issue while configure your Gmail account, it is recommended that you contact AT&T technical voice help desk at 1-877-722-3755 (open 24/7), they will help you accordingly.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: The BICKERING (FIGHTING) BETWEEN ISP'S????

2 of 2 (161 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments