Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Sep 13, 2011
9:17:38 AM
View profile
Support Toool keeps warning me that I'm not protected by a firewall but...

...I have Norton Internet Security Installed. I did not install the free McAfee program offered. I am assuming that the warning is related to the lack of McAfee. Just wanted to confirm this. Thanks.

...I have Norton Internet Security Installed. I did not install the free McAfee program offered. I am assuming that the warning is related to the lack of McAfee. Just wanted to confirm this. Thanks.

Support Toool keeps warning me that I'm not protected by a firewall but...

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2011 5:52:58 PM
(0)
Employee

From the information which you have provided, it seems that there could be a previous or expired copy of any security program installed on the computer. If yes, please uninstall the expired version and check if the message comes up.

If the issue persists, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the AT&T Troubleshoot & Resolve tool.

You can use the following link to reinstall the program

Please refer to the line that says "Download AT&T Troubleshoot & Resolve (available for Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7)"

For further assistance, please feel free to contact AT&T technical support at 1-877-722-3755 (toll free), open 24/7.

We look forward to speaking with you to resolve this issue.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

From the information which you have provided, it seems that there could be a previous or expired copy of any security program installed on the computer. If yes, please uninstall the expired version and check if the message comes up.

If the issue persists, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the AT&T Troubleshoot & Resolve tool.

You can use the following link to reinstall the program

Please refer to the line that says "Download AT&T Troubleshoot & Resolve (available for Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7)"

For further assistance, please feel free to contact AT&T technical support at 1-877-722-3755 (toll free), open 24/7.

We look forward to speaking with you to resolve this issue.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Support Toool keeps warning me that I'm not protected by a firewall but...

2 of 2 (114 Views)