Welcome to the new AT&T Community
We've got a fresh look! Take the tour to see what's new.
My Speestream 4100 has been a pain in the rear end for about 3 days now. Quite often, it would reset itself non stop for a while. I think the record is 8 in a row. Sometimes, I can actually surf the net for 15 minutes if I'm lucky. I've been working on this for nearly 3 hours.
Where's the Firmware upgrade for this? I tried to look, but the Seimen's site is no longer working.
If the Speedstream 4100 modem is getting reset automatically, please check if there is any EMI device connected near the Speedstream modem.
There are many sources of regular loss of sync, most of them being non-persistent sources of EMI/RFI. Listed are unsuitable locations and objects that may cause no connection or intermittent connection on the DSL modem:
1. The modem is too close to something electrical like sub woofers.
- Move the modem away from any electrical devices for about two feet. Make sure there are no speakers, cordless phone bases, sub woofers, or big screen TVs around the modem. All these devices produce a magnetic flux which could disrupt our modems.
2. Neon/fluorescent/halogen lights are too close to the modem.
- Move or unplug any halogen, neon, and/or fluorescent lights nearby.
3.900 MHz or 2.4GHz phones
- The 900 MHz phone have been known to cause sync issues. The 2.4 GHz phones may also cause sync issues because the closer the handset is to the base, the phone changes to 900 MHz for a better channel.
4.Too many regular phones on the ADSL line
- Make sure there is nothing on the phone line from the ADSL modem and the wall outlet. No splitters, UPS or surge protectors. Check also for multiple phone lines running into the residence. This is a type of EMI that can cause problems if cross talk between the multiple RJ-11 copper lines occurs.
5. Fax Machine
- Ensure that a DSL filter is installed.
6. Satellite dishes with Pay-Per-View
- Satellite dishes with Pay-Per-View uses the phone line for communication. They will need filters to work properly.
7. Security systems attached to the ADSL line
- Check for security systems, Pay-Per-View satellite systems, or other services that utilize the phone line. If possible, temporarily disable security systems.
8. Radio station nearby
- Check for any radio towers within one-half mile proximity from your home. This may include radio stations, police stations, and/or cell phone towers. Cell towers often cause problems only during certain times of the day as they often rotate to orient themselves towards satellites.
If non of the device mentioned above are not effecting the connection, please try to reset the Speedstream 4100 modem manually from the back of the modem.
Please make sure the following modem LEDs have returned to a proper Green state, which should take about 60 seconds:
* Ethernet LED
* DSL LED
Please make sure the following modem LEDs have returned to a proper Green state, which should take about 60 seconds:* Power LED
After pulling up the GUI page of the modem, update your primary AT&T email address and corresponding password on the modem's GUI page, through the steps mentioned below:
1. Select Advanced > Connection Configuration and type your Member ID and password into the respective text fields in the modem GUI.
2. Click Save Changes at the bottom of the modem GUI screen.
3. Try to access the web sites, you should be able to browse the web sites.
After trying all the steps mentioned above, try to monitor the connection and check if the modem is still getting reset automatically or not.
If the issue persists, it is recommended that you
contact AT&T tier 2 technical support at 1-877-722-3755 and troubleshoot according to their recommendation.
When you call in to speak to an agent, ask to be transferred to our second level of support.
Sign up now to post, reply, and join the conversation.
© 2015 AT&T Intellectual Property.© 2015 AT&T Intellectual Property. link. This link will open a new window All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other AT&T marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. AT&T 36USC220506