Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Mar 14, 2010
12:54:03 PM
View profile
Spam filters refuse to learn.
Why do they keep flagging email from Wells Fargo Bank (ofsrep.alert_osn@wellsfargo.com) as spam? I've reset the training data and it still flags it. Is there an option I'm not finding that will make the spam filter ignore addresses in my address book? If not, there should be... How can I fix this? I've tried restarting my computer, power cycling my modem, emptying my cache, swinging a dead cat over my head... nothing works.
Why do they keep flagging email from Wells Fargo Bank (ofsrep.alert_osn@wellsfargo.com) as spam? I've reset the training data and it still flags it. Is there an option I'm not finding that will make the spam filter ignore addresses in my address book? If not, there should be... How can I fix this? I've tried restarting my computer, power cycling my modem, emptying my cache, swinging a dead cat over my head... nothing works.

Spam filters refuse to learn.

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2010 7:56:34 AM
(0)
Tutor
How can I persuade your spam filter to let me send newsgroup spam reports (mostly to Google Groups), but with a Bcc: copy to myself? At least the copy to myself is always marked as spam, even after I've told it that dozens of such messages are not spam and have added my own email address to my contacts list.
How can I persuade your spam filter to let me send newsgroup spam reports (mostly to Google Groups), but with a Bcc: copy to myself? At least the copy to myself is always marked as spam, even after I've told it that dozens of such messages are not spam and have added my own email address to my contacts list.

Re: Spam filters refuse to learn.

2 of 8 (839 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2010 8:35:37 AM
(0)
Employee

Hi ,

The AT&T Yahoo! spam filter keeps on flagging e-mail messages from Wells Fargo Bank as spam because they might be sending large volumes of e-mail, and that is prohibited on the guidelines found in our AT&T’s E-mail Acceptable Use Policy.

If you mark a certain e-mail message from your spam folder as Not Spam, it should automatically moves that message to your inbox folder and removes the sender's e-mail address from the spam list. You can do this step several times to train your spam filter.

Since you mentioned that you already reset the SpamGuard filter, and training the Spam filter won't help, it would be better if you call us here at 888.321.2375 so that we can report this issue to our Yahoo! escalation team.

Hi ,

The AT&T Yahoo! spam filter keeps on flagging e-mail messages from Wells Fargo Bank as spam because they might be sending large volumes of e-mail, and that is prohibited on the guidelines found in our AT&T’s E-mail Acceptable Use Policy.

If you mark a certain e-mail message from your spam folder as Not Spam, it should automatically moves that message to your inbox folder and removes the sender's e-mail address from the spam list. You can do this step several times to train your spam filter.

Since you mentioned that you already reset the SpamGuard filter, and training the Spam filter won't help, it would be better if you call us here at 888.321.2375 so that we can report this issue to our Yahoo! escalation team.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 8 (839 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2010 1:38:06 PM
(0)
Mentor

Cathy wrote:

Hi ,

I have no doubt Wells Fargo sends out a lot of email.

They do not use at&t servers to send email so the amount is irrelevant.

I receive less than a dozen a month so they're not sending too many to me.

Cathy wrote:

The email is treated correctly once it is discovered and marked 'not spam'.

It may be the instances I've found in the spam folder were from different email addresses at Wells Fargo. I'm going to continue to watch it and see if more are flagged.

It doesn't explain why Wells Fargo continued to be flagged since presumably their headers are complete and legit.

Wells Fargo is not the only 'legit' email that is being flagged. at&t email gets flagged too. We'll leave that one alone...

Cathy wrote:

Hi ,

I have no doubt Wells Fargo sends out a lot of email.

They do not use at&t servers to send email so the amount is irrelevant.

I receive less than a dozen a month so they're not sending too many to me.

Cathy wrote:

The email is treated correctly once it is discovered and marked 'not spam'.

It may be the instances I've found in the spam folder were from different email addresses at Wells Fargo. I'm going to continue to watch it and see if more are flagged.

It doesn't explain why Wells Fargo continued to be flagged since presumably their headers are complete and legit.

Wells Fargo is not the only 'legit' email that is being flagged. at&t email gets flagged too. We'll leave that one alone...

4 of 8 (839 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2010 1:42:35 PM
(0)
Mentor

Still marking it as spam.
Wells Fargo is mixing up the email addy. This time it's
ofsrep.alert_cda@wellsfargo.com
Still, no reason to flag it as spam...

[Edited-keep it courteous.]

Still marking it as spam.
Wells Fargo is mixing up the email addy. This time it's
ofsrep.alert_cda@wellsfargo.com
Still, no reason to flag it as spam...

[Edited-keep it courteous.]

5 of 8 (839 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2010 1:55:06 PM
(0)
Mentor

...tried posting the full headers but your site jacks them up.
what can't we just post in plain text?
Do you really need HTML for a simple message board?

...tried posting the full headers but your site jacks them up.
what can't we just post in plain text?
Do you really need HTML for a simple message board?

6 of 8 (839 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2010 8:40:33 AM
(0)
Mentor
Nice jab, at&t...
Now you're flagging email from my email address, to my email address, as spam.
Several have been flagged the last few days, all corrected as 'not spam' yet still the filter flags them.
Time to turn it off for good...
Nice jab, at&t...
Now you're flagging email from my email address, to my email address, as spam.
Several have been flagged the last few days, all corrected as 'not spam' yet still the filter flags them.
Time to turn it off for good...

7 of 8 (839 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2015 11:54:03 AM
(0)
Contributor

clicking "not spam" does not work.  going to settings and adding move to "in-box" does not work.  many legit e-mail being directed to spam file.  No posted solutions resolve this issue.  when will AT&T speparate from Yahoo?

clicking "not spam" does not work.  going to settings and adding move to "in-box" does not work.  many legit e-mail being directed to spam file.  No posted solutions resolve this issue.  when will AT&T speparate from Yahoo?

8 of 8 (148 Views)