Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Feb 2, 2011
5:46:17 PM
View profile
Slow browsing

Signed up for high speed Internet which is supposed to be up to 6 MBPS. I often am waiting for browser page loads in the evenings. Speed tests say my speed is below 1 MBPS. I often get Netflix warnings that state my Internet connection has slowed. I have to refresh so it will re-buffer. When downloading I seem to get good speeds. Does ATT throttle back my connection for browsing? How do I determine what's at work here.

Signed up for high speed Internet which is supposed to be up to 6 MBPS. I often am waiting for browser page loads in the evenings. Speed tests say my speed is below 1 MBPS. I often get Netflix warnings that state my Internet connection has slowed. I have to refresh so it will re-buffer. When downloading I seem to get good speeds. Does ATT throttle back my connection for browsing? How do I determine what's at work here.

Slow browsing

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2011 6:39:35 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by pamelaz on Feb 2, 2011 at 7:22:17 PM

No they don't throttle the connection. Sounds like you are most likely experiencing the "slow down in the evening" issue. You can try calling them (mostly useless in my experience) and they'll have you check a few things and maybe run a line quality test on your line. When that checks out fine they'll probably send a tech (or two) out to check things. When all that fails to solve the problem, you'll most likely end up having to contact some outside agency like the BBB, your states Public Service Commission, FTC and the FCC. Thats what it took to finally get my issue resolved.

[3rd party link removed per Guidelines]

No they don't throttle the connection. Sounds like you are most likely experiencing the "slow down in the evening" issue. You can try calling them (mostly useless in my experience) and they'll have you check a few things and maybe run a line quality test on your line. When that checks out fine they'll probably send a tech (or two) out to check things. When all that fails to solve the problem, you'll most likely end up having to contact some outside agency like the BBB, your states Public Service Commission, FTC and the FCC. Thats what it took to finally get my issue resolved.

[3rd party link removed per Guidelines]

Re: Slow browsing

[ Edited ]
2 of 5 (718 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2011 7:07:18 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by pamelaz on Feb 3, 2011 at 7:55:08 AM

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate] Good luck eniac2 in solving the issue.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate] Good luck eniac2 in solving the issue.

[ Edited ]
3 of 5 (668 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2011 7:54:24 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by pamelaz on Feb 3, 2011 at 7:55:26 AM

Thanks for replies. Now I'm at Kbps in the morning too. I'll wait for some comment [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Thanks for replies. Now I'm at Kbps in the morning too. I'll wait for some comment [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

[ Edited ]
4 of 5 (666 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2011 4:07:34 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by pamelaz on Feb 3, 2011 at 5:11:24 PM

You will NOT get any Official response in these forums (other than the same old scripted reboot modem and all that). For some reason there is NO AT&T support people on these (no)support forums that can help fix any problem.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

You will NOT get any Official response in these forums (other than the same old scripted reboot modem and all that). For some reason there is NO AT&T support people on these (no)support forums that can help fix any problem.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

[ Edited ]
5 of 5 (632 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments