Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Internet Forum

Posted Aug 7, 2011
9:01:32 AM
View profile
Security warning received from "AT&T Customer Service <att.net-account-service@att.net>"

I just received an e-mail (Subject = Warning) with the following text and an html attachment (AT&T Security Update.HTM).  I am wondering if this is a real warning or if this is a phishing attempt. 

Your account was recently accessed from a different location. You need to Upgrade your account for enhanced
security and better mail service.

Download the attachment to register your location and secure your account.

AT&T
Account Service

AT&T Privacy Policy Web Beacons In Email

Please do not reply to this message. This is a service email related to your use of AT&T! Mail.

Powered by Yahoo! located at 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.

Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

If you received this in Spam, please kindly move it to inbox.

I just received an e-mail (Subject = Warning) with the following text and an html attachment (AT&T Security Update.HTM).  I am wondering if this is a real warning or if this is a phishing attempt. 

Your account was recently accessed from a different location. You need to Upgrade your account for enhanced
security and better mail service.

Download the attachment to register your location and secure your account.

AT&T
Account Service

AT&T Privacy Policy Web Beacons In Email

Please do not reply to this message. This is a service email related to your use of AT&T! Mail.

Powered by Yahoo! located at 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.

Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

If you received this in Spam, please kindly move it to inbox.

Security warning received from "AT&T Customer Service <att.net-account-service@att.net>"

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2011 10:33:53 AM
(0)
Contributor

I've also received same message but couldn't find anywhere within the ATT website whether this email is real or a phishing scam. Could anybody from ATT give us some info?

I've also received same message but couldn't find anywhere within the ATT website whether this email is real or a phishing scam. Could anybody from ATT give us some info?

Re: Security warning received from "AT&T Customer Service <att.net-account-service@att.n

2 of 3 (953 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2011 3:01:24 PM
(0)
Employee

We understand your concern and would request you to contact AT&T e-chat support.

They would provide the complete information.

For clarification and if you are located in the one of the following states AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI, please contact AT&T e-chat support from the web link provided below

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

We understand your concern and would request you to contact AT&T e-chat support.

They would provide the complete information.

For clarification and if you are located in the one of the following states AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, & WI, please contact AT&T e-chat support from the web link provided below

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Security warning received from "AT&T Customer Service <att.net-account-service@att.n

3 of 3 (928 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments