Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Sep 25, 2009
1:14:24 PM
View profile
Saving E-Mails to a remote storage device and/or to another drive

Is there a way to save e-mails to another drive or a remote storage device in order to archive old messages?

Is there a way to save e-mails to another drive or a remote storage device in order to archive old messages?

Saving E-Mails to a remote storage device and/or to another drive

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2009 2:11:49 PM
(0)
Guru
hi taxman12!

since the yahoo! server's mailbox storage is unlimited, you no longer need to delete your old emails. just simply save it there.

but if you really want to have a backup of your mailbox, you may pop/download them to your computer. you can download your emails to a client email program like Outlook, Outlook Express etc. TAKE NOTE, you need to setup the email profile to leave copies of your emails on the yahoo! server first before starting to pop your emails to your computer. this way, you will have copies of your emails on both Yahoo! and your computer.

and if you want a backup copy of emails stored on Outlook (backup of a backup), you could get more info. from this link below: (you can save this on a remote device/CD/other drives etc.)
Back up Outlook e-mail messages

hope this helps! :smileyhappy:
hi taxman12!

since the yahoo! server's mailbox storage is unlimited, you no longer need to delete your old emails. just simply save it there.

but if you really want to have a backup of your mailbox, you may pop/download them to your computer. you can download your emails to a client email program like Outlook, Outlook Express etc. TAKE NOTE, you need to setup the email profile to leave copies of your emails on the yahoo! server first before starting to pop your emails to your computer. this way, you will have copies of your emails on both Yahoo! and your computer.

and if you want a backup copy of emails stored on Outlook (backup of a backup), you could get more info. from this link below: (you can save this on a remote device/CD/other drives etc.)
Back up Outlook e-mail messages

Re: Saving E-Mials to a remote storeage device and/or to another drive

2 of 4 (361 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2009 8:48:05 AM
(0)
Contributor
I have recently switched computers and am now using Entourage in addition to the Web-based yahoo e-mail through sbcglobal.net. I have successfully downloaded e-mails in my inbox to Entourage but now want to download/export my saved folders from the yahoo server to my desktop as well. How do I do that and then export those into Entourage as well? Thanks.
I have recently switched computers and am now using Entourage in addition to the Web-based yahoo e-mail through sbcglobal.net. I have successfully downloaded e-mails in my inbox to Entourage but now want to download/export my saved folders from the yahoo server to my desktop as well. How do I do that and then export those into Entourage as well? Thanks.

3 of 4 (361 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2009 8:04:55 AM
(0)
Guru
hi lillie-beth!

unfortunately, only the contents of the Yahoo! INBOX can automatically be popped/downloaded to client email programs like Entourage. you cannot download/export the contents of saved/personalized folders in the Yahoo! mailbox to Entourage.

what you need to do is manually move all emails from those personalized folders and move them to the Yahoo! INBOX so that Entourage can download them. once downloaded, you can just manage your emails and create new folders on Entourage.

it's tedious, but that's the only way. LOL

hi lillie-beth!

unfortunately, only the contents of the Yahoo! INBOX can automatically be popped/downloaded to client email programs like Entourage. you cannot download/export the contents of saved/personalized folders in the Yahoo! mailbox to Entourage.

what you need to do is manually move all emails from those personalized folders and move them to the Yahoo! INBOX so that Entourage can download them. once downloaded, you can just manage your emails and create new folders on Entourage.

it's tedious, but that's the only way. LOL

4 of 4 (361 Views)