Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted May 24, 2012
12:10:33 PM
View profile
SMS when Internet Usage reaches % SUGGESTION

I was wondering if this is already a feature somewhere I cannot find OR perhaps it SHOULD be a feature now that we are paying for overage on DSL over 150GB.  I typically use 160 in my household, and I always wind up paying extra now.

It would be nice if we could set an SMS to be sent to our cell phone (any carrier) and set the % - ie, 50%, 75% of useage reached, then send us an alert SMS.

I would be fine if I could get U-Verse (the cap is 250), but they say "not in my area", so I am stuck with DSL and it's 150GB cap, paying overages, and would like an alert instead of having to go online, find the usuage page to check it.

?

I was wondering if this is already a feature somewhere I cannot find OR perhaps it SHOULD be a feature now that we are paying for overage on DSL over 150GB.  I typically use 160 in my household, and I always wind up paying extra now.

It would be nice if we could set an SMS to be sent to our cell phone (any carrier) and set the % - ie, 50%, 75% of useage reached, then send us an alert SMS.

I would be fine if I could get U-Verse (the cap is 250), but they say "not in my area", so I am stuck with DSL and it's 150GB cap, paying overages, and would like an alert instead of having to go online, find the usuage page to check it.

?

SMS when Internet Usage reaches % SUGGESTION

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2012 1:40:32 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Welcome imagraphicx and thank you for the suggestion. We'll share it with the appropriate group.  In the meantime, the following tips might help with managing your usage..

Tips for managing your monthly Broadband Internet data usage

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Welcome imagraphicx and thank you for the suggestion. We'll share it with the appropriate group.  In the meantime, the following tips might help with managing your usage..

Tips for managing your monthly Broadband Internet data usage

Regards,

Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: SMS when Internet Usage reaches % SUGGESTION

2 of 2 (217 Views)