Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jan 19, 2010
4:05:45 AM
View profile
SBC/ATT/Yahoo Mail Servers Slooow
For the past month or more, getting my email is a frustrating process. Using either the online browser method or with stand-alone programs (for Mac), I have to wait several seconds to get a response from the mail servers. At times, it has taken over a minute. At times, the process simply locks up my browser or my programs, forcing me to force quit them. Is all this the result of increased traffic to the mail servers? Or are there other reasons? Having to access mail at the ATT/Yahoo site is a totally unpleasant and cumbersome distraction. I hate pop-up ads and don't need Yahoo News clips when all I want is to access my mail and see if one of my clients is contacting me about a job. I wish there were alternatives.
For the past month or more, getting my email is a frustrating process. Using either the online browser method or with stand-alone programs (for Mac), I have to wait several seconds to get a response from the mail servers. At times, it has taken over a minute. At times, the process simply locks up my browser or my programs, forcing me to force quit them. Is all this the result of increased traffic to the mail servers? Or are there other reasons? Having to access mail at the ATT/Yahoo site is a totally unpleasant and cumbersome distraction. I hate pop-up ads and don't need Yahoo News clips when all I want is to access my mail and see if one of my clients is contacting me about a job. I wish there were alternatives.

SBC/ATT/Yahoo Mail Servers Slooow

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2010 6:02:47 AM
(0)
Guru

just go directly to att.yahoo.com/mail website to access your email. i also think that the classic mail version loads faster than the new mail, so you may want to try switching to the classic mail format. on the mail page, just go to OPTIONS (upper-right corner) --> SWITCH TO CLASSIC MAIL.

hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

just go directly to att.yahoo.com/mail website to access your email. i also think that the classic mail version loads faster than the new mail, so you may want to try switching to the classic mail format. on the mail page, just go to OPTIONS (upper-right corner) --> SWITCH TO CLASSIC MAIL.

hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

Re: SBC/ATT/Yahoo Mail Servers Slooow

2 of 3 (1,487 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2010 8:35:24 AM
(0)
Contributor
Thanks, but I hate going to the ATT/Yahoo website for mail. It's not functional for business use anymore.
Thanks, but I hate going to the ATT/Yahoo website for mail. It's not functional for business use anymore.

Re: SBC/ATT/Yahoo Mail Servers Slooow

3 of 3 (1,487 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments