Helpful Links

Rebate problems

Contributor

Rebate problems

First, I also was promised a $100 rebate card when I first signed up as well as a complete installation for free. When I got my first bill it was over $300 because I was charged for a technician to come in...this was in June...and now 9 months later my bill is still over $300 because they are still trying to charge me for what I was told would be free.  When I call they tell me that the person I talked to convenielty never put any note in my account about getting install for free, but they tell me that next month my bill should be corrected. I have talked to probably 15-20 reps over the last 9 months and even told that I cannot talk to a manager or supervisor because they can't do anything more than the reps, I'm sorry but that is complete bull! 

Now last month I got my bill and they only charged my $9.99 for my DSL but I got my bill new bill just the other day and I am being charged $24.88 for DSL now...it makes no sense.

As for the rebate card, when I called probably 2 months after I signed up to ask about when I would recieve the rebate I was told that the person I had talked to told me the wrong information and I was only eligible for a $25 rebate card...although I was mad I still was going to just accept it and move on...7 months later and I still have not seen the rebate card!

Today when I called I sat on hold for 23 minutes and never got to talk to anyone because I didn't want to wait any longer.  When I called back later at 6:15 the office had convenielty closed 15 minutes prior.

I absolutely hate this company, they have horrible customer service and I am without a doubt canceling my service come May when I move. I will never return to them again

{subject edited as new topic was created}

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: Rebate problems

File a complaint with BBB and/or FCC. AT&T should take care of these problems, or be reasonable enough to resolve them before a consumer has to complain. Every organization makes mistakes, but a world class organization will attemp to correct those mistakes and assume the consumer is correct. In this case, AT&T does not care for the consume.

You can file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (http://www.bbb.org/) and FCC (http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm). Both of which allow you to file complaints online.

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support