Rebate for DSL Modem

Tutor

Rebate for DSL Modem

Back in December I signed up for DSL Extreme. Today I received my second statement since starting service. The monthy service credit has yet to show up, but I'm more worried about the charge for the DSL Modem. That was posted on this bill - twice, and credited once. I called the Customer Service number and was told that I need to file a rebate. I can't find any info on the rebate on either att.net or att.com. I did find this in the promotional offers section

( http://www.att.com/gen/general?pid=19998 ):

Free Modem/Gateway Offer: Offer good for new customers purchasing Internet 3.0 Mbps or above and a purchase of a modem ($75) or wireless gateway ($100) Online at att.com. Rebate will be in form of a bill credit. Modem/Gateway charge will appear on 1st bill. Requires new or existing AT&T Home Phone Service. 12 month term required. Early Termination Fee applies. Offer ends 4/19/12. Redemption terms: Rebate instructions will be provided to customer within 4-6 weeks of activation. Online redemption required within 30 days of receipt of redemption notification. Credit will be applied to your bill by end of second month billing period after online redemption. Service must be active for 30 days to be eligible, and account must be current at time of redemption. Applicable taxes and fees will be based on the full monthly price of products and services and will not be credited with any reward or bill credit.

It's been seven weeks (almost 8) since service was started and I haven't received any rebate instructions. Since the modem appeared on the second billing statement (instead of the first as noted above) will I have to wait another 4-6 weeks?I guess I'm annoyed that the credits and statements take so freakin' long to be applied and show up on bills. You're allready billing a month in advance (roughly) for service, why can't you apply the credits as fast? It's not like AT&T is hurting for the revenue flow...

Anyway, can anyone provide info about the rebate process?

-alex-

Message 1 of 3 (1,595 Views)
Tutor

Re: Rebate for DSL Modem

well after 4 phone calls and one transfer (back to the same dept as a previous phone call) this _may_ have been taken care of...I now have two wait a month or two to see if it shows up on my bill...
-alex-
Message 2 of 3 (1,581 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: Rebate for DSL Modem

Well, no bill credit, but a $75 Visa card showed up in the mail. Several more phone calls today, all resulting in "I'm Sorry, but we don't do that in this department." I was also told to use the card to pay the bill with the Modem charge on it (which was paid last month). My final phone call was to the State Attorney General to file a complaint....

Message 3 of 3 (1,483 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.