Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Feb 11, 2012
8:29:55 AM
Re: 2Wire Gateway loses connectivity a couple times per hour
Edited by Sneaker98 on Feb 11, 2012 at 8:35:04 AM

I have almost the exact same problem. Except in the last 24 Hours, the wireless connection does not work at all. It cycles showing connected, not connected constantly, and for the short time it does show connected if you try do browse the internet the connection times out. I have had the service for 4 months, and this has randomly happened the whole time. We are constantly rebooting the gateway and restore to default on the gateway home page. If I keep my laptop connected hard line into the gateway it works fine, but the wireless is the problem.  As far as the last 24 hours, powercycling and restoring defaults is not helping at all.

Oh and I have ATT DSL Internet.

I have almost the exact same problem. Except in the last 24 Hours, the wireless connection does not work at all. It cycles showing connected, not connected constantly, and for the short time it does show connected if you try do browse the internet the connection times out. I have had the service for 4 months, and this has randomly happened the whole time. We are constantly rebooting the gateway and restore to default on the gateway home page. If I keep my laptop connected hard line into the gateway it works fine, but the wireless is the problem.  As far as the last 24 hours, powercycling and restoring defaults is not helping at all.

Oh and I have ATT DSL Internet.

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2012 8:35:23 AM
(0)
Expert

Sneaker98 wrote:

Is this U-verse internet?  Which gateway do you have?

Sneaker98 wrote:

Is this U-verse internet?  Which gateway do you have?

2 of 5 (1,024 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2012 8:50:19 AM
(0)
Tutor

It is DSL Internet with the 2Wire Gateway.

It is DSL Internet with the 2Wire Gateway.

3 of 5 (1,022 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2012 9:49:04 AM
(0)
Tutor
This seems like a problem a lot of people are experiencing, is there a fix?
This seems like a problem a lot of people are experiencing, is there a fix?

4 of 5 (995 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2012 11:01:50 PM
(0)
Contributor
I have a similar problem when after a day or two, my wireless devices don't seems to communicate with each other, i.e. wireless printer and airplay radio are no longer visible on my network. Each individual devices including iPad, iPhone are connected to the gateway and Internet, but can no longer "see" the wireless printer and radio. I have to reset the gateway, and all is back to normal. ATT support recommended to moved the gateway away from electronic equipment (TV, home phone, etc...) did so, and still having to reset the gateway too often. They replaced the gateway once. Same problem. Any suggestions???
I have a similar problem when after a day or two, my wireless devices don't seems to communicate with each other, i.e. wireless printer and airplay radio are no longer visible on my network. Each individual devices including iPad, iPhone are connected to the gateway and Internet, but can no longer "see" the wireless printer and radio. I have to reset the gateway, and all is back to normal. ATT support recommended to moved the gateway away from electronic equipment (TV, home phone, etc...) did so, and still having to reset the gateway too often. They replaced the gateway once. Same problem. Any suggestions???

5 of 5 (877 Views)