Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Apr 23, 2011
8:49:05 PM
View profile
Proxy Settings
This happens to me a lot and it is very frustrating.  I'm wondering if I am the only person who has this problem and if someone knows how to fix the problem and prevent it from happening.  I'll be connected to the internet and I'll be working, sometimes filling out online forms that you can't save and I'll lose my connection and a pop up message will appear in the middle of the screen indicating that "this device could not detect any proxy settings."  I have everything in ie options checked to automaticall detect so I don't understand why this keeps happening.  Does anyone have a solution?  I'd appreciate any help.
This happens to me a lot and it is very frustrating.  I'm wondering if I am the only person who has this problem and if someone knows how to fix the problem and prevent it from happening.  I'll be connected to the internet and I'll be working, sometimes filling out online forms that you can't save and I'll lose my connection and a pop up message will appear in the middle of the screen indicating that "this device could not detect any proxy settings."  I have everything in ie options checked to automaticall detect so I don't understand why this keeps happening.  Does anyone have a solution?  I'd appreciate any help.

Proxy Settings

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2011 5:54:31 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by ATTMarianaCM on Sep 6, 2013 at 8:41:30 AM

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and would be glad to fix the issue.

This error message can come up if the Proxy settings are enabled in the Internet Explorer. Please uncheck the option. The following steps would help you in updating the settings.

Internet Explorer 7/8-

1. Open Internet Explorer.

2. Click on the File menu. (If the File menu is not visible, press the ALT key on the keyboard)

3. If there is a check next to Work Offline, click on it to un-check it.

4. Click on the Tools menu. Click on Internet Options.

5. Click the Connections tab.

6. Choose Never dial a Connection.

7. Click the LAN Settings button.

8. Make sure all boxes in the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window are unchecked.

Under Proxy server, please ensure that "Use a Proxy server for your LAN ( These settings will not apply to dial up or VPN connections) " is unchecked.

9. Click the OK button.

If that does not fix the issue, you can try restoring the browser to default.

What does restoring the browser do?

In the course of normal browser usage, sometimes we change the default behavior in a web browser, causing it to have issue with rendering or displaying a specific piece of web content or giving error messages. In the event that a user has changed the default settings, going into the browser to reset them ( to defaults) can solve many issues.

To reset the browser, please refer to the steps given below.

Internet Explorer 7/8-

2. Click on Tools->Internet Options.

3. Go to the Advanced Tab.

4. In the bottom right hand corner there is a box that says Reset. A dialog box will appear, click on Reset.

5. Please close and then restart Internet Explorer.

If the issue persists, please contact chat support by clicking the web link below.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and would be glad to fix the issue.

This error message can come up if the Proxy settings are enabled in the Internet Explorer. Please uncheck the option. The following steps would help you in updating the settings.

Internet Explorer 7/8-

2. Click on the File menu. (If the File menu is not visible, press the ALT key on the keyboard)

3. If there is a check next to Work Offline, click on it to un-check it.

4. Click on the Tools menu. Click on Internet Options.

5. Click the Connections tab.

6. Choose Never dial a Connection.

7. Click the LAN Settings button.

8. Make sure all boxes in the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window are unchecked.

Under Proxy server, please ensure that "Use a Proxy server for your LAN ( These settings will not apply to dial up or VPN connections) " is unchecked.

9. Click the OK button.

If that does not fix the issue, you can try restoring the browser to default.

What does restoring the browser do?

In the course of normal browser usage, sometimes we change the default behavior in a web browser, causing it to have issue with rendering or displaying a specific piece of web content or giving error messages. In the event that a user has changed the default settings, going into the browser to reset them ( to defaults) can solve many issues.

To reset the browser, please refer to the steps given below.

Internet Explorer 7/8-

2. Click on Tools->Internet Options.

3. Go to the Advanced Tab.

4. In the bottom right hand corner there is a box that says Reset. A dialog box will appear, click on Reset.

5. Please close and then restart Internet Explorer.

If the issue persists, please contact chat support by clicking the web link below.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Proxy Settings

[ Edited ]
2 of 2 (5,181 Views)